Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

gas treatment

Old 02-28-2015, 10:50 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gas treatment

I would like to know what kind of gas treatment works well. I know 10% ethoal gas is only I got around here.

Old 02-28-2015, 11:19 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Seafoam its a mechanic in a can.

Old 03-01-2015, 08:33 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Sta-bil

I use sta-bil in anything I have where the gas sits for longer than 2 weeks. That said I forgot it on my last trip to the Hatfield-McCoy trails and found the only treatment available was Lucas. I used it with good enough results to make it my second choice. Just my .02

Old 03-01-2015, 10:01 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Sea foam.. put some in my little ones quad before putting it away last year. charged the battery and fired right up no issues.

Old 03-01-2015, 11:04 AM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by irish88
I would like to know what kind of gas treatment works well. I know 10% ethoal gas is only I got around here.
works well for what? EFI? carbed? short term or long term storage? Better fuel burn? at altitude or sea-level? Without knowing specifics about your goals and conditions for treating fuel, we'll just be guessing or giving general tips.

Old 03-01-2015, 07:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by quadsr4me
works well for what? EFI? carbed? short term or long term storage? Better fuel burn? at altitude or sea-level? Without knowing specifics about your goals and conditions for treating fuel, we'll just be guessing or giving general tips.
Mostly better fuel burn and its carbed. no long term storage.. use every other day

Old 03-02-2015, 08:51 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default works well for all applications no guessing.

Originally Posted by quadsr4me
works well for all applications.

Last edited by kendogu; 03-02-2015 at 08:52 AM. Reason: add word
Old 03-02-2015, 09:48 AM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by kendogu
works well for all applications.
Fuel treatment and fuel stabilizers are two different things.

I would never use fuel treatment (i.e. injector cleaners, cylinder lubricant, etc) for long term storage just as I would never use stabilizers to clean fuel injectors.
There are also ethanol fuel treatment products.

Some say these products are snake oil and others say they "work well for all applications." Regardless, there is no shortage of options based on what you want to accomplish. Take your pick.

Old 03-03-2015, 08:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

thanks quadsr4me.. just found what I need ethanol treatment to keep the engine safe

Old 03-13-2015, 12:46 PM
Former Sponsor

Hi everyone,

There are certainly products that can be used as an ethanol treatment/fuel system cleaner and a fuel stabilizer. Our STA-BILŽ Protection and Marine products do exactly that. Of course STA-BILŽ is what we would suggest using, but there are some other good ethanol treatments/fuel stabilizers out there.

You just need to be wary of any one product that makes a laundry list of claims. Generally speaking, the more claims a product has, the less likely it is to perform any one of those claims well.

I'd be happy to get some STA-BILŽ samples out to anyone that is interested. If you're interested in some samples please PM us.

Have a great weekend!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: gas treatment