Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

07 AC 400 manual 4wd Eletronic choke triggers at idle

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2017, 04:23 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Doesn't sound like you want to work on carbs for a living..

Old 01-31-2017, 03:37 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
Doesn't sound like you want to work on carbs for a living..
I do not mind the mikuni carb on the Polaris, you can make majority of the adjustments without taking the whole thing out. The carb on this, air screw is on the bottom, at the end a tube, idle 'screw' is a flexible rubbery plastic thing with a **** on one end, threaded fastner like part at the other. Anything else, and you have to get it out, meaning remove the glove box, air box, then the most evil and stubborn boot that goes from air box to the carb, remove about 8 different tubes that are enough of a pain to tangle into the ball they have to be in to fit in there, much less get out, then finally unclamping the carb, unhooking the throttle cable (a pain), then pulling it out. And I forgot to mention absolutely everything is screwed down, and the only top down access you have is through a hole too small for a hand HALF the size of mine to fit through. Another reason I loathe the air box boot. Then you gotta pull apart the carb, and get a magnifying glass to even see the pilot jet (thing is microscopic), and there is no way that I can see to begin with to replace the needle seat in the carb bowl, seeing as it is totally round, and has no grooves in the surface for a screwdriver. Yeah, I hate THIS carb.