Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

2013 Arctic Cat 400 Core - Running Rough When Hot

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2018, 11:39 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update

My previous post made mention that I think it fixed the problem, but it didn't. It did help a LITTLE bit, but the spitting and sputtering continued when the ATV would get hot.

The problem continued, so my next move was to replace the rectifier and at the same time, i put a spacer under the needle jet to lift the needle up to allow more fuel in at 1/4 to 3/4 throttle. I have not had the problem since, and it's been about 2 months, however, I don't think its hot enough outside for it to reach the temperature to make it act up. Having said that, I did go on a 3 hour ride when it was 70 degrees outside with no problems at all.

Bottom line, I think this bike was tuned way too lean from the factory for Florida weather, and coincidentally, I believe the rectifier went bad and my spark became intermittent at high temperatures. I decided to replace the rectifier because I noticed a slight headlight flicker when idling one night.

I'll be making a trip to River Ranch soon, so 14 hours of riding should tell me the true outcome of my fixes...stay tuned.

Old 02-19-2018, 08:34 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update: Same symptoms

Hey guys - I thought I'd chime in on my continuous journey to find why my 2013 Arctic Cat 400 Core spits and sputters when hot. As my thread above states, I thought the float bowl and jet helped, and it did, but the main problem still exists. I replaced the rectifier already after my initial thread and that still did not fix my issue. I truly feel that fuel is not my issue and the problem is electrical. After taking my kids and wife on about a 1 hour slow ride, in about 80 degree weather, the bike did spit at me just 2 times, but went away as speed increased. I've finally decided that I'm going to replace my stator this week. I'll post my findings after the install and test for the next guy who may need this thread.