Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

AC 300?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2001, 05:19 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thinking about trading in my xplorer 300 on a four stroke. A friend suggessted I check out the AC 300. How does this compare with the 400 AC? I have read alot of good about the 400, but have not read much about the 300. Any info is helpful, thanks.

Old 04-22-2001, 10:05 AM
Pro Rider

They are totally different machines, the 300 4X4 however is probably the best of any for true off-roading. It is light, good suspension, good brakes, good instruments ( shift indic ), with a little lift kit, excellent ground clearance, good stock tires, easily converted to true 4wd, 3 range trans, easy on fuel, easy on the budget. Did I miss anything, guys. Oh yah & dead reliable, & down a little in power.

Old 04-22-2001, 01:33 PM
Range Rover

I have an AC 300. It is a great machine. Mine started this winter no matter how cold it was. It is really good if you are not into speed. It only tops out at about 43 MPH. But as far as going off raod out in the trails, mud and muck it is fantastic. I have converted mine so it has two wheel drive, four wheel drive and full front lock. I also have put in a lift on mine too. These are both very easy to do and the best part was it didnt cost me anything to do. All in all i am very happy with it. Make sure you test ride each machine before you buy and get the one you like the best.

Rac