Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Ouch!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2001, 01:48 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I had my first misque this weekend. Coming down a steep hill I made the mistake of using the hand brake on my 400 AC. The *** end lifted right up and over on top of me. Hit me squarely in the middle of the back when I was on the ground. OUCH!!!! 600lbs coming down on me. My buddy pulled the machine off of me and I just laid ther trying to breath. Finally getting my wind back I checked all limbs to make sure I could move everything. As it turns out I broke one rib in the middle of my back. I didn't do much to the cat just bent the back rack a little. that was easily put back in place. I think after riding it for the first 100 miles I was getting a little cocky on the machine. I am glad it was only something minor to remind me to have alot more respect for these machines. I was pretty lucky. It will be a week or two before I will ride again. I just wanted to tell everybody so the maybe we can get something from this. It was totally all my fault for the accident. Just be careful out there guys.

Later

Old 04-22-2001, 02:44 PM
Pro Rider

You can say that again...."OUCH"!!!!!

Glad your relatively okay.

Dave

Old 04-22-2001, 06:28 PM
Range Rover

brother, you are one lucky devil. the things that could have happened are scary.... glad to see you're ok. try not to do that again.

Old 04-22-2001, 11:09 PM
Pro Rider

I swore I wouldn't buy a helmet when I got my Cat. it is just too darn hot down here. One week after I got it just like you I went through a ditch and the front end jumped up and smacked me in the jaw. I got real dizzy. Bought a motocross helmet the next day and some goggles. If I had gotten knoeked out the buzzards would have gotten me for sure. I was all alone on our 800 acres. I also don't ride alone for that very reason. heal up and keep riding!

Dakota R/T