Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Clicking with lockers

Old 06-09-2019, 08:11 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clicking with lockers

Ok so, I have a 2002 AC 400 4x4. I removed the front differential and swapped it with a 2005 650 front diff. I was able to keep the mechanical actuator off the old diff instead of the $120 electric actuator. When I swapped the diff I changed the right inner cv joint (that goes in diff) for the locker ring. When I installed the locker cable, which I am not completely sure how to adjust, and locked the diff it felt like it would lock. When I try to turn with the lockers engaged, then and now, a popping noise occurs. I thought this could have been from the left axle inner cv, so I changed it with a 650 one. No matter how tight I set the cable it will still click and pop. Is this supposed to happen or do I have an issue elsewhere?

Old 06-22-2019, 10:21 PM
Trailblazer

So I gotta another update. I think it was a bad axle(s) because the left side decided to break tonight.

Old 07-09-2019, 11:31 PM
Trailblazer

SOLVED! I had a buddy come over when I was putting everything back together. I told him the symptoms and he inquired about the locker cable. When I would turn left the cable was ok. When I turned right, due to how it was routed, it would pull the cable and try to lock the diff. After some rerouting that no longer occurs.