Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

04 ac bogs after sitting on a hill

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2022, 08:05 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 ac bogs after sitting on a hill

Hey guys Im new here. I've exhausted every avenue and I'm now resorting to the threads. I have an 04 ac 400 FIS. I have completely rebuilt carb from the needles up. I mean everything is spic and span clean done all the little tricks i can think of. Quad runs great on flat ground. ***** to the wall. I mainly use it around my property for yard work. If i park it facing any direction on a hill for any amount of time while running It'll sit there and idle all day long but as soon as i give it any gas it'll bog down and eventually die. If i choke it real quick i can get the throttle up enough to get back on flat ground and after a min of idling on flat ground it will eventually pick up so i can get to the house. Ive had the bowl off prob a hundred times and checked and blowed every jet out , jet drilled them. Ive checked and rechecked the bowl height to the recommended 7mm. It seems to me that its getting too much fuel when its on these hills but the plug looks fine. When i take the carb off after this happens it seems to me that there is just a large amount of gas draining out when i turn it up to empty the bowl. Ive been running it without the air filter and box while im diagnosing because its just a pain in the butt to get on and off. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks guys.