Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

new tool box...redneck style.

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2001, 11:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when i put my warn winch on i took that little poor excuse for a tool box off and when i was done i didn't feel like f**king with those rubber nuts, so i left it off. today i got the idea to mount a .50 caliber ammo can on my front rack. i painted it gloss black and removed the two handles b/c the rattling drove me up a tree--literally. i don't use my front rack to carry anything so i didn't lose anything by doing so. i will line the box with foam to keep things from rattling around inside. the good thing is that it is bigger and i can put more bs in the box like a tool kit that actually fits most of the metric bolts scattered about my cat. i think i could even ice down a six pack...of soda water. what did ya think i was going to ice down...beer?? i don't drink. clean cut southern boys don't do that, lol. i have decorated my cat with so much crap that all i really need is a pair of furry dice, some curb feelers, and my name printed in old english letters across my fenders.

texascat

Old 05-17-2001, 01:00 AM
Pro Rider

Hey T-Cat, you just described half the vehicles up here that the "good ol' boys" (right!) run around in! Of course, you'd have to lower it about 2" off the ground, and put one of them gold crown things over your speedo assembly, then you'd be set! Course I doubt you'd be able to go through too many mudholes with only 2" ground clearance, but hey, you'd be stylin'!

I was about to suggest throwing an old flannel or something of that nature up in your box, instead of the foam-that way you'd have something a little warmer, should you need extra clothing sometime in an emergency, and still have extra room for your main gear, without sacrificing to the foam. But hey, then I woke up and realized you're down there in Texas, where I doubt you'd need that insulated flannel, like I do up here at times.

I had to tape my handles down during elk hunting, never got around to taking them all the way off. Anyway, up front in my mortar box, I have a a first aid kit, a 30' 3" wide strap, both a 20' and a 6' nylon strap, two strait 3"x3/4" clevis's, one twisted of the same size, extra ****** block, medium sized axe, couple hundred feet of smaller diameter rope, bungee cords, garbage bag or two, and some newly acquired cable, roughly 25' x 3/8" for use as a logging "choker" cable, along with a 6' chain, and a little micro torch. That's about all I can remember right now-oh, a few pairs of leather gloves, both insulated and regular. Anyway, just thought I'd share with ya how I put my box to good use-works quite well, and with all that stuff, nothing rattles! I must say though, it's a real b_tch closing the lid! All my food, clothes, accessory stuff goes in the 15" deep rear rack bag, just for good measure. heh heh heh

Hey, since you mentioned the stock AC box, I was just thinking-if a guy were to come across a Warn 2000 lb. winch for cheap, decided to mount it on the rear of the 'Cat, where would he go about mounting the second solenoid??? Or, as you wouldn't be using both winches at the same time, would it be possible to wire the second winch directly to the original solenoid on the front rack, while incorporating a second switch on the left side of the rack???

Anyway, good luck with your box, best of luck!

Mike

Old 05-17-2001, 02:27 AM
Pro Rider

texascat,

Do you need to be placed in 4 wheeler time out? Just for the record, no fuzzy dice, curb feelers, or old english letters are allowed on my land! If you try to lower it go to the Honda forum and search for "Civic" or "blue head lights." Line that new beer cooler with ice! If you really did stop drinking then line it with bug spray! I went riding on Sunday and came back with so many bites I was actually sick with a fever on Monday and Tuesday. My students made fun of me too. Didn't see any snakes! Moving to the new house on May 26-28 if you want to help! Going 4 wheeling on June 2 still. How did the fishing trip go?

Dakota R/T