Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

I HAVE SEEN THE NEW '02 ARCTIC CATS!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2001, 04:34 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS 1 THING "DADDY LIKE" THEY HAVE A TOTALLY NEW FRONT END DESIGN, THE RIMS ARE JUST WICKED LOOKIN, THEY ARE GONNA HAVE DUMP TRUCK CATS, NEW COLORS (SILVER, LIGHTER OR DARKER GREEN, MAYBE YELLOW, RED, MAYBE CAMO) THEY ARE GONNA HAVE A NEW SUSPENSION SET-UP (FROM WHAT THE DEALER TOLD ME) MORE AUTOS (I DONT KNOW WHICH MODELS)I THINK A NEW RACK DESIGN, MORE POWER (AS IF THE AC's REALLY NEEDS IT [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]) I THINK...AND IM SAYIN I THINK CAUSE I DONT REALLY KNOW BUT THEY MIGHT HAVE A LOCKING FRONT-END!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

ABOUT THE FRONT END....ITS GONNA LOOK LIKE THE TRAXTER...IT WILL HAVE FULL FENDER FLARES GOING FROM THE FLOORBOARDS ALL THE WAY TO THE HEADLIGHTS (SURROUNDING THE HEAD LIGHTS...JUST LIKE THE TRAXTER AND OTHER MODELS) AND THE RIMS JUST LOOK BADASS!! THEY LOOK SWEET (IMO).

AFTER I GET OFF OF WORK TOMORROW....I AM GONNA HEAD DOWN TO THE DEALER AND GRILL HIM FOR FOR INFO [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].

MOST OF THE INFO I HAVE TOLD U ABOUT IS FROM SEEING IT IN PICTURES (THAT THE DEALER TOOK) I SAW PICS OF THE FRONT END, AND RIMS...THE OTHERS ARE FROM WHAT HE SAW ON POSTER BOARD AND WHAT WAS ON THE SHOW ROOM FLOOR (COLORS,DUMP TRUCK CAT,NEW SPECS)

I WILL HAVE MORE INFO TOMORROW (I HOPE) ON THE NEW 02 CATS!

ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS 1 THING...I WILL DEFINITELY BE TRADING IN MY 01 CAT ON ONE OF THESE BAD BOYS!!! THEY ARE JUST TOTALLY RE-DESIGNED AND EVERYTHING! I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT THEY ARE GONNA COST...BUT HE TOLD ME THEY WILL TRY TO KEEP THEM UNDER 6,500 (WHICH IS A HELL OF A DEAL CONSIDERING WHAT U WILL BE GETTIN IF U GET ONE!)

SORRY FOR ANY MISPELLED WORDS. I SHOULD BE BACK TOMORROW WITH MORE INFORMATION!!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-30-2001, 06:26 PM
Trailblazer

Like I said earlier I knew you guys were going to like the new cats!!! Did your dealer tell you anything about a late fall release, I sorta have a list with all the changes, if I can remember them all.

New tires, quad beam headlights, no exposed fender flare plastic rivets, new plastic all around, new racks, new front end, redesigned seat, new floorboards can't remember everything but it is a change for the better in all aspects, the front end kinda looks like a Jeep Cherokee don't ya think!! Aczr2k

Old 05-30-2001, 07:11 PM
Pro Rider

Don't forget the 400 auto and the really big news is Full IRS will be available on the 500. It is supposedly a better design than Polaris. I also think that they have milled the pulley sheaves as Had mentioned in a previous post. Just not the full 30 thousands of an inch.

Old 05-30-2001, 07:23 PM
Pro Rider

I wasn't planning on saying anything about it, but as you guys have started, I'll back you all up. I too have heard from a very reliable source basically all the same things you have just mentioned. I haven't seen Andy around in a while, but if he gets the "bug" again this season, I think he'll really like the new model 'Cat 500's. With the new front end design and diff. operation, combined with the clutch work, IRS and increased speed, I think he'll have a hard time switching to the SP for sure. I'd venture to bet they'll be a new '02 'Cat in his garage fairly soon!!! Gee, I wonder if I can get my Dad to trade his '00 Cat for a new '02??? Keep mine for work, his for play-what do ya think??? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Mike

Old 05-30-2001, 10:58 PM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]I put a post on the Polaris forum telling them that soon there may be a new king of the 500 cc machines. That ought to stir them up. It usually doesn't a lot to get a Polaris owner to go ballistic.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-31-2001, 10:36 AM
Pro Rider

I saw your post on the Polaris forum. Those guys sound nervous over there. The new cats sound serious. I have wondered how those other quads are going to hold up to 600+ cc's of engine when they don't even hold up to their current power plants. I just moved to a new house so it maybe a year or two before I can upgrade my 01 500 Cat to a new one. Thanks for all the great info guys. It put a smile on my face![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-31-2001, 10:58 AM
Range Rover

Hey Guys! I'm drooling over here wanting to see a picture of the new cat. As some of you may remember, my dealer went out of business. Are there any pictures on the web or does someone have a thread? Kyles Pic’s

2001 AC 500 auto
Hunters Edition
2000 lb warn winch
Highlifter Headlight
Camo cover and bags

Old 05-31-2001, 11:48 AM
Pro Rider

Please tell me why I am going to sell my H.O. for another quad thats weighs the same amount? The current AC500 is too heavy and slow already.

Besides the new Yamaha will be out in September. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

The Kawasakw does not impress me.

700 twin Sportsman? LOL

Old 05-31-2001, 07:02 PM
Range Rover

Howdy Ya'll
I've been sitting in the shadows for sometime now ready everything I could on different ATV's, and I will say that this forum seems to be a bunch of straight shooters. Thanks for the information!!
I was already to go by a AC500M and now you tell me they are coming out with new ones. Questions 1. Can you engage the 4-wheel drive while moving and if so what speed? 2. Is there going to be any major changes to the 500m (mechanical), I'm not to worried about cosmetics? I can get one down here for 5400 now and was wandering what the price might be when they go up. I will probably buy real soon.

Old 05-31-2001, 08:59 PM
Range Rover

I saw a photo of one of the new Cat atv's in 4 wheel atv action magazine. Not a great picture or much info but since I am buying a new machine ( Cat )next spring hopefully the new machine's will be full of improvments.

Quick Reply: I HAVE SEEN THE NEW '02 ARCTIC CATS!!!!!!!!!