Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Stuck Stuck Stuck!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2001, 01:48 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No winch yet, but I know a guy that already has his mounted. I'm calling the dealer Monday and asking them what the holdup is. I haven't fooled with the swaybar either, but I'm mulling over going down to the shop and doing it here in a minute. Its almost midnight, but I'm all screwed up with nights and days anyway because of my hours at work lately. I may just go do it while I still have a day off left to check it out.

I ran the AC on the GPS last night and couldn't get it over 47mph. It was surging on the top end and running like crap. I took the carb apart last night (that was a first) and cleaned it out, plus I replaced the nasty looking sparkplug, and it ran a ton better. I have a feeling it could use a valve adjustment too, but I'll let somebody else mess with that.

No mud yet, just a couple feet of water. I was leery of that, but I never noticed any of those Grizzly myths. I rolled it through a 30ft long stretch of water about 1 1/2- 2 ft. deep, and just pushed a massive wave in front of me. Water splashed over the seat on my leg, but the quad never missed a beat. Still, thats not something I'm going to do a lot of. My biggest gripe now is whether I can get the claws to fit on the 660. I know they will rub. I can tell that by eyeballing it. I don't care to cut on that side fender either, but it might be the only way. I'm going to check all that out sometime soon, at least before I go buy wheels.

Old 08-12-2001, 06:02 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took the sway bar off and there is certainly a difference, at least on the oil change ramp test. Not as good as the AC 500 though, but probably a good 4" more articulation in the rear wheels. I drove it up through an old trail I made in the woods for 10 minutes and you could see a difference when riding in big rocks too. It seemed a little funky on a sidehill, but I haven't ridden it enough to know if it felt that way before. That might be the downfall to taking off the bar, and if so, its going back on.

I'll test it tomorrow, but I am wondering if the downhill wheel is going to squat hard and make it less stable. We'll see. It didn't take long to get it off though, and would be easy to put back on if I need to.