Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

hey dakotart!! my trigger and throttle fingers are gettin itchy.

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2001, 12:01 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now TexasCat, did ya really have to go rub that in? 70 degrees down there, sheesh! It was 15 degrees the other night up at my property-not really cold, but a bit chilly to say the least! Made for a rough time tracking my horse down over 1,200 acres of timber and meadows. Luckily the second day I did find the damn thing, but then came the really fun part-chasing him on foot back to the place, as he wanted no part of a halter and lead rope! Guess after 3 years of running wild, he kind of decided he could do what he wanted, not what I wanted him to do! Can't say as I blame him, I sure wouldn't want to be caught either. Luckily he fell for the good old "carrot trick", and all ended well.

Anyway, back to the cold-I'm sure it was much cooler up there in Canada! The good thing though, it means hunting season is just around the corner-I leave friday for deer! Do I even need to mention I can hardly wait???

Best of Luck boys, and remember-one shot, one kill! (well, unless you're watching Sniper, then it's one shot, two kills, but hey, who's counting???)

Mike

Old 10-11-2001, 05:04 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually in my part of Canada its not that cold yet,in fact we had a high of 75 two days ago:-] The previous day got down to about 30 though ( -2C ). This time of year its hot one day cold the next. London ( about 2 hours north east of me) had snow the other day but for the most part winter is a couple months away for us.We rarely get a snowfall that stays longer then a day before Christmas. Northern Ontario is however an another ballgame though. Its common for it to drop well below freezing at night then climb back into the 50's during the day.Lake effect snows can drop a foot or two of snow on ya in the matter of a few hours .Dad just left this morning for the moose hunt. He hunts just south of dryden not far from the manitoba border. I leave the second week of november for a 10 day deer hunt which im lookin forward to as the crops on the farm this year are dismal, need to put this year behind me .