Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

i'm gettin' old...12 more days

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2001, 12:03 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn, in just 12 short days i'll be a year older. i'm getting so old i fart dust. aw hell i'm going to be just 27. now that i look at that number i realize i'm supposed to be an adult and act like one too. i guess that means no more dumb posts like this one; however, i think a person gets old when he or she sheds the want to be young and starts acting like society expects a person of age to be. well to hell with that, i'll act like an 18 year old until i see it fit to act differently. anyway this year i get a special treat on my birthday b/c it falls on thanksgiving (november 22) so everyone who calls me that day can also give thanks for having me as a brother, uncle, and a friend. does anyone else have a b-day on the same day?? can anyone guess who died 11 years before i was born??

i'm sorry if i made any of the older riders feel really old by complaining about my turning 27. just remember that old age and treachery beats youth and skill.

texascat

Old 11-11-2001, 11:05 AM
Pro Rider

I'm 26 and I don't feel the least bit old. You must be married. ;-) Happy Birthday!

EtherNut

Old 11-11-2001, 11:21 PM
Pro Rider

ethernut,

Texascat is riding solo for now! He has arthritis from having so much fun! he's a party animal! One time while we were camping he had to shoot his shotgun in the middle of the night so he wasted a good 3 1/2" 12 guage on a perfectly harmless sausage link! Don't ask him how he got those caluses on his knees...touchy subject!

Texascat,

I turn 26 on the 21st of Novemeber. I smell birthday party south Texas style...fourwheelers and guns! Did you get the wedding invite yet? Brisket, sausage, mash patatos, corn bread, cake, and kegs! Lots of pretty chicks too at my wedding...single teachers...hubba hubba!

Jason

Old 11-12-2001, 08:57 PM
Trailblazer

TEXASCAT,
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]I turned 27 back in May, and I know the feeling. Working with kids as you and I do just makes us feel old because they keep telling us we're old.

Dakotart,
Congratulations on the wedding. Sounds like one heck of a party.

BTW I got a new job today, finally got a CAD operator job that I have been trying to get for two years. I quit the counseling and I'll do that part time for extra money. This is the first job I've had with the weekends off since I was 19 and cleaning windows in the summer. Now I can ride with all my friends.

Old 11-13-2001, 12:53 AM
Trailblazer

I too have a birthday on the 22nd.I have 5 years on you though.I feel better now than i did 10 years ago.HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO US!!

Old 11-13-2001, 12:53 AM
Pro Rider

dakotart, yes i got the invite but i tend to mail things out on the 14th of every month. sit tight you'll get your rsvp.

everyone else,

i'm not married and i have no kids......yet!! the only "kids" i have are my black lab, arctic cat, gun pile, and high caliber distributing (my business). i must get two things before i get married, an offshore fishing boat and a deer lease. the latter seems in reach but the $50,000 for the boat seems a little hard to justify right now. about the callouses on my knees, i'm a jerky vendor and most of my racks are only three feet tall and i am 6'6" and cannot stand back pain. i'm taking care of those now with some cocoa butter lotion from gnc and some sandpaper.

dakotart...just what do yall do with that toypedo??

texascat

Old 11-13-2001, 12:59 AM
Pro Rider

no one answered my trivia question yet, here are some hints.

6.5 carcano
books
severe headache

texasct

Trending Topics

Old 11-13-2001, 02:12 AM
Pro Rider

Thats not 2 bad, Im only 20, and Im looking forward to getting older. To me the best birthdays are
16=Drive
18= Strip Joints, Gamble
21= Drink like a fish
25= Auto Insrance goes down
Thanks

Old 11-13-2001, 02:26 AM
Trailblazer

JFK

Old 11-13-2001, 09:02 AM
Pro Rider

Sounds like several of us are the same age.

My Sob story.

I'm 26, divorced, and have a 5 year old boy (my son is the best thing that ever happend to me).

And that's the major reason I'm able to get my Acrtic Cat, I'm single now and can afford some modest extras. I want to get out and go riding with my Son and my Dad. My Dad used to ride me on his Zuk Dirt Bike when I was around a year old. I want to have the same experience with my son and I want my son to appreciate the outdoors. It seems that a lot of kids these days are growing up as "City Folk", they dont have any survival skills whatsoever. It would be easy for my son to fall in the same mold as I live like city folk (I design and maintain computer networks for a living), but have a heck of a lot of country boy in me as well. I feel like if I raise my son to be marketable and dont teach him basic suvival when the marketability fails, then I've done him a disservice. There's a flip side to everything. When I was married I was told that couldn't have an AC. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Being single has it's short comings, I have to admit that I liked being married tho. Apparently it didn't like me too much. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Kids are a gift (although it doesn't seem that way at 3:00 in the morning and you haven't slept all night)! I hope to have one more some day. I'm having a blast raising my son.

Fellas, I sure do enjoy the AC forum. One more reason why I bought the right one! You guys have been great!

EtherNut

Quick Reply: i'm gettin' old...12 more days