Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

i'm gettin' old...12 more days

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2001, 02:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The toypedo was left by a friend I tell you...yeah...a friend.

Old 11-13-2001, 10:21 PM
Pro Rider

I must be real old then. I'm a 37 year old growing boy. I've allways said that if you ever grow up the only other thing that is left is to grow old.
ethernut, I also have kids 10 year old son and 6 year old daughter. They are the best thing that ever happened to me to. These days it is hard to be a kid, too many temptations and distractions. When I was a kid we didn't have anything to do but play sports, hunt, and fight. Nobody would even think of taking a gun to school and killing people. My son shot his first deer last year, and he wants to hunt out of his own stand this year. But Me and my daughter wont be far away. I can't understand people not wanting to spend time with their kids ( I know some). I would rather do that then hang out with my buddys. Both of my kids ride too AC. 250 4x4 for him and eton 50 for her.
Got off the subject a little, sorry. Hang on Texascat the time really flies the older you get. Happy birthday.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 11-13-2001, 11:08 PM
Pro Rider

well said mudcat,

I teach and there are soooo many kids with nothing to talk about when it comes to going home and being with their folks. Myself and one of the other coaches started a wilderness club for our 7th grades and it includes two community service projects and two camping trips a year. A couple of the other teachers that are reservist come and help setup tents, start proper camp fires and teach some general safety and rescue techniques to the kids. They eat it up simply because no one has ever taken them out before. Seeing a kid catch his first fish is awesome and they aren't even my kids. Of coarse seeing them get their first fish hook stuck in their head is down right crazy. It is even more crazy when they are on the other side of the river and you have to swim accross in your only pair of shoes for the next two days and try not to get the school's $800 digital camera wet. Take care of those kids and they will take care of you. I turn 26 in 8 days and I am feeling my age this week!

Old 11-14-2001, 08:43 PM
Pro Rider

actually, as time wears down, i find myself looking forward to my birthday, not only because it is on turkey day but because i'm getting out of texas for 5 days and going to arkansas...lucky me. i like arkansas because it doesn't really look any different than texas and has many of the same names for its towns. the only real differences other than the most apparent, are the fact that it is heavily baptist and one cannot purchase alcohol on sunday. little rock is the only city i am familiar with and i especially like when you drive across the arkansas river bridge at night on I-30 (correct me if i'm wrong) and, like hollywood, they have little rock in large white letters standing out in bright white light. to me that is f**king cool.

hold the presses though, b/c my sister and her husband have not decided if they will go with me; however, i can handle the 8.5 hour 450 mile trip by myself.

later,

texascat