Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

The AC 375

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2001, 07:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you ride with a group who likes to go fast, then I'd have to admit, a Cat is probably NOT for you. Speed is the only thing I am less than estatic about on mine. I ride with the slower twisty trail, mud crossing, rock crawling crowd when I get the chance, however, and it is here that the Cat excels.

While my brother's 375 is definately "sportier" than my 400, and certainly performs WAY better than some of the 375 test rides people have described here, it should, in no way, be confused with a true "sport utility" atv. The Grizz, Kodiak, Wolverine, and many others will outperform a Cat in that arena almost any time.

They'll also have to wait in the mud pit for the Cat to come pull them out too. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-23-2001, 12:40 AM
Pro Rider

After some thought.. I guess my message that resided here before, was of poor taste. I have withdrawn it and replaced it with this one.

A few things I dont understand.

I don't understand why people that have ATV's that aren't AC come over to our forum to tell how bad our bikes are.

I don't understand why a majority of people that badmouth AC have NO other convincing argument besides speed.

My AC 375 4x4 has 90 miles on it now and I can hit 55 on the speedometer on flat ground. Is a bikes top speed a solid reference for its ability? Heck I was at a place today that you WOULDN'T take a sport bike to. It would never make it. But sport bikes are fast.

Jeeze guys.. give it a rest. If you like your polayamahonda. Go over to your forum, and talk about how much you like it. Heck, head over to your forum and talk about how much you HATE Arctic Cat.

If you own/owned a Cat. Hey speak up!. Like Andy Bassham. This guy sold his AC 500 and bought a Grizz. He loves it and he's fair to all of the posters. Guys like this are welcome!

Please, keep it informative.. easy on the bike bashing.

EtherNut

Old 11-24-2001, 11:09 PM
Pro Rider

Huh, that's kind of funny, My 325 has no trouble hitting 55mph
that was on my buddy's farm and on the highway.
And don't tell me I don't know what i'm talkin about, i don't lie about that.

Old 11-25-2001, 10:19 AM
Pro Rider

Ethernut,
I, for one, don't come here to tell people how much I hate Arctic Cat. In fact I really like them. They look like they are about the most durable and well made bikes on the market. The '01 500 especially has been very tempting for me, and half a dozen times now I've made up my mind that I'm going to get one.

Then I go for a joyride on my Wolverine and realize once again that I need performance as well as durability.

But the main factor that keeps me from buying a Cat is not really the speed (or lack thereof) but the weight. I spend alot of time riding by myself in areas where I'm very likely to get stuck. I like the fact that I can get my quad out by myself.

And I guess the reason that I poste things like this here is in hope that someone from Arctic Cat will read it and realize that there are loyal Arctic Cat owners who have to shop elsewhere for their ATVs because there's nothing for us in the Arctic Cat show room.

If everybody always talked about how much they love their quad, how the extra 100lbs was a good thing, and that speed and performance didn't matter, AC would have no incentive to make any improvments to their quads.

The 375 is a step in the right direction, but it's just a baby step.

Old 11-25-2001, 04:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ethernut,

I don't really understand your post about bike bashing. I thought we were having an informative discussion concerning the AC 375. As I stated in all of my previous post, the Arctic Cats are nice bikes. Just not what "I" wanted! I'm sorry if I offended you in any way, and don't worry , I'll stay on the Polaris forum from now on. I'll just read from all the non-Polaris owners who are the real "Bike-Bashers".

P.S. Still like to ride together sometime. If your not too upset about the comments.

Bearcat

Old 11-26-2001, 11:35 AM
Pro Rider

Guys, I guess I've overstepped my bounds. I don't want to be a source of negativity nor do I want to create any enemys here.

So please accept my apology for being a little off color.

About the 100 lbs thing.. I think that's what the $69 Warn winch is for. ;-)

As far as getting stuck is concerned.. This weekend I put my first 100 miles on my 375 4x4. I took the bike up some hills so steep that I had to literally lay on the handlebars to keep the front end from coming up. All of this was done in high gear, with 4x4 engaged. Not once did the bike bog down or feel sluggish (by my standards). I took it through mud up to the top of the tires, no problem. I'm feeling pretty confident about the bikes ablility to get itself out of a jam. The bike is bone stock, I weigh 190 lbs.

Since all of AC's engines are Suzuki. And the engine that's in the AC 375 is the same engine that's in the Suzuki Eiger. I'm going out on a limb here and guessing that the engine that's in the Suzuki Vinson this year, my make an appearance in the AC 500 next year. The Vinson engine has a MUUUCH higher compression ratio and makes a LOT more power. I would guess that this might level that playing field a little..

On the lighter side of things, I'll probably open a new topic in the forum in a few minutes and talk in detail about my first weekend with my new Cat.

Thanks for your patience. bearcat, I got no hard feelings. k?

EtherNut

Old 11-28-2001, 12:38 AM
Pro Rider

Ok guys, If you like it, great. If you don't like it, sorry. You have the freedom to say what ever you want, and I, along with every other person, has the freedom to aggree or dissagree with you as do you with me. I personally love that 375. So does my boss, and the group of about 15 people that he demoed the bike out to this weekend.

Bottom line is that some people will like things and others will not, accept it and move on.

Old 11-28-2001, 01:45 AM
Pro Rider

Over Thanksgiving weekend, my family went mountain climbing...there was 12 of us...1 yamaha, my 660 Grizz, 3 Polaris's, 3 Suzuki's, and the rest Cats. All the machines did well, we all had a lot of fun, I did get to ride my mother in laws new AC375, and I was pretty impressed with it. If I had to use one word to describe my and my family's experience with Arctic Cat quads, it would be "bulletproof".

I do have a question though...almost all the Cat's have a "squeak" when you're riding, it sounds like a brake squeak...my wifes AC300 has it, her dad and brothers AC500's have it, and my mother in laws brand new 375 does it. Does anyone know what that is, and if so what you can do about it?

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

SilverBear

Old 11-28-2001, 08:32 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks Robert for your insightful post? Did you even read the thread? Did you not know what had been written before you enlightened us with your wisdom and guidance? I would like to thank you and all the others like you, whom without, we meager "morons" could not conduct these forums. I'll move on, as you say, whenever I please!

Thank you!