Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Jet Kit Installed

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2001, 10:10 PM
JKB
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I finally got it put in last Friday night. The jet kit was from Dynojet to fit my AC400 4x4. The first thing I noticed was that I was going from a main jet size of 150 down to a 144. This seemed to me to be a good thing as the bike was hard on gas. The install went as expected I started at 10:30 and figured it should take about 1-1/2 hours. As usual I was right, I finished at 2:00 AM. I set the pilot jet to 2.5 turns ,which is what the directions called for. That setting is different than the stock setting which is 2 turns plus or minus 1/8. Of course I waited until daylight to try it out the new kit {yeah right] I started it up in the garage in the middle of the night and new right away things were different. First thing is this, my bike has never idled or taken throttle until it warms up or should I say never used to. It now will start when cold with nothing more than a push of the starter button no choke required. It will take full throttle and not buck, spit or hesitate when cold. I know you should not do this when cold, but I had to try it. As far as performance goes I noticed the following changes. From a dead start on loose gravel all 4 wheels spin, and it hits the end of first gear so fast I wonder why I use it any more. Second through Fifth it pulls stronger and requires less throttle to maintain speed, on the hills I notice that it holds its speed, or even accellerates where it did not before. Overall I am very impressed. It seems to me AC could do themselves a service by shipping them this way out of the box. Mine worked good before, but I always felt that the fuel mixture was rich. I tried moving the clip on the needle before the new jet kit and the 4th position was close but it killed the top end, bottom and midrange were good though. I guess that is why Dynojet gets to do what they do, anyway two thumbs up to Dynojet Research.

Cheers Jim

Old 11-28-2001, 11:01 AM
Pro Rider

Whats the temperature range and altitude that you are running? It will be interesting to see how well it runs and handles the elevation changes and temperature changes from winter to summer. I know that my dealer set mine up just right for the summer months and now that winter is here it is coughing and sputtering a little.

Old 11-28-2001, 11:29 PM
JKB
Pro Rider

I am in Halifax on the east coast of Canada. The highest elevation the bike would see is 500' above sea level. As far as temps go the hottest would be 90F the lowest would be -5F. The way its is set up I will be suprised if it causes me any problems.

Cheers Jim

Old 12-07-2001, 12:49 AM
Weekend Warrior

Anyone know if they make some for the 300.