Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Arctic Cat Problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2000, 09:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Plain Bubba English 101 is offered every other semester in a rotation with old english colloquialism, ghetto jive, and stuck up northern snobbisms. I was able to clep out of the first course, though my lack of character kept me from being accepted into the other classes.

Old 02-05-2000, 09:30 PM
Pro Rider

I have a 2-year warranty, bought my quad June 1st so the 6 month warranty is out.

I got all my info over the phone. The mechanic just told me 3.2 hours. He read me a thing that basically said that the warrany doesn't cover seals a bushings unlsee some things breaks and you must change the seals to fix what broke.

I will call another dealership up to see about how much they think it should cost.

Maybe they charged me for the labor on the switch?

Old 02-05-2000, 11:42 PM
Range Rover

AC's are so easy to work on...why didnt you do it yourself?? Fan Switch...you sure it wasnt a blown fuse?

Old 02-06-2000, 12:25 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bill, you AMAZE me! My initial post to Boner conveyed NO offense to Polarises or to their owners.

I knew Boner had been considering buying a Polaris for some time; I interpreted his questioning of his AC's reliability as justification for buying a new Polaris, and kidded him so.

At least my addressee, Boner, got the joke, even if you didn't.

You appear hyper-sensitive to the point of paranoia, regarding Polaris reliability, a factor I never considered in my post. However, perhaps you have reason to be sensitve regrading Polaris reliability, now that I recall previous posts from you.

Anyway, no bashing intended on my part; totally in the eye of the beholder. "The guilty flee when none pursue."

Now, about that refund Boner's going to get with your guidance. Boner, how about treating us to a seafood dinner at Don's in Lafayette with that money? With Bill's flat-rate manual, we oughta be able to afford a few stuffed flounders, at least! I mean, 3.2 whole hours! For only ten rivets of body work, draining and filling front diff and rear gear housing, and that other stuff! Maybe I'll just have the broiled flounder, instead. Or a cup of gumbo.

Tree Farmer

Old 02-06-2000, 01:53 AM
Pro Rider

If you haven't eaten at Pats in Henderson or Landry's in Breaux Bridge then you don't kwon what good cajun sea-food is like.

And Stuffed shrip is the best kind of sea food.

Old 02-06-2000, 04:59 AM
Pro Rider

TF,Although someone could perceive the below as questioning the ACs reliability,Boner never really said anything about reliability in his first post. He asked,did someone have a problem with a 300 AC where it would'nt start and the lights went out?He ask's, if you had something go wrong with your AC that was'nt caused by a wreck or something to let him know.Does that mean he is questioning his ACs reliabiity or could it simple mean that he is curious as to any other problems others might of had with their ACs,if any?I once had a new S-10 Mini Blazier.The trans went out twice under warrenty.I asked the dealership if there were others with continued tranny problems.Not once did I concider the Blazier a reliability factor,instead,I did question the tranny problems.When you tell someone to go ahead and buy a Polaris,there will be no need to to trash his AC or try to build a reliability case against it,it is not hard to perceive that comment as Polaris bashing.Another words,go buy a Polaris,and you'll never have to worry about reliability on your AC again because you'll be to busy worring about it on the Polaris.Im not paranoid regarding Polaris reliability either,Im just not one for others bashing another makes.You said that you intended no bashing,I beleive you and allready apoligized,case closed.No where did I mention to Boner that he would get a refund with my guidance.I merly was trying to help him understand the labor time guide used by 99% of all dealerships.With your comical remarks about a refund to Boner with my guidance and treating us all to Seafood?Boner should put you on stage at your local comedy club.Maybe than,with the huge amount of money earned from your comedy,he than could afford 3 for a dollar cheese burgers for all from the local McDonalds.Good night ,sleep tight,remember,tomorrow's another day.===BILL

Old 02-06-2000, 06:40 AM
Pro Rider

Ever see someone with "NewCarItis," Bill?

Smitten by a new car on the showroom floor and its seductive perfume, what's a typical reaction?

Start nit-picking the incumbent, existing family bus he's driving. "I think the transmission's about to go." "She's gonna need rings 'n valves soon." "A set of new tires'll cost more than a month's payment on a new one." and so on.

Since Boner has gazed longingly on Polarises, I accused him of developing a strain of this disease, "NewQuadItis," highlighting problems with his Arctic Cat and asking others to share theirs.

Attempting a joke, using exaggeration and caricature as comedic devices, I regret you interpret my attempt at humor as a slur on your (now) beloved manufacturer's reputation; with a sensitivity threshold like yours, I'll likely unknowingly and unintentionally cross it again.

Humor-wise, we may agree on what is sad, but agreement on what is funny appears harder to achieve. My comedy plays to mixed reviews, certainly. However, your post above proves one undeniable fact regarding my career as a comedian--I have my competition!

Tree Farmer

P.S. Were you making some kind of crack, bashing the quality and value of the food from McDonald's? If you were, then let me tell YOU something, Mr. Bill Ciliberti! McDonald's, my favorite restaurant, has . . .

T.F.

Old 02-06-2000, 07:05 AM
Pro Rider

Boner, I trust your judgment without question regarding restaurants! Landry's sounds superb.

I'm losing optimism regarding the probability of a refund and its value, however.

If you ask the service department to show you their flat-rate manual and justify their charges to you, what reaction would you expect?

"Why sure, Mr. Boner! Glad to! See? It's all right here, in black-and-white! Uh-oh! Looks like we made a mistake! We overcharged you two hours on that job! Here's $ 110! Have a nice day!"

Now, suppose you comparison-shop, AFTER THE FACT, by asking another dealerhip their estimated time and cost on the job. If the "second opinion" source wants to bug your dealer, and perhaps steal your business from him, he'll "low-ball" you--qoute a ridiculously low price for the work; no risk! The work's already done! The guy won't have to make good on this estimate. "Is that all you had done, Mr. Boner? Why, our factory-trained service technicians here at Joe Blow's ATV World could perform those services for you in half an hour at most; maybe fifteen minutes, if they've had their coffee!"

Now, what's your dealership going to say when you present them with the alternate estimate from Joe Blow's? "Aw, gee, sorry, Mr. Boner. We know those guys down at Joe Blow's are awful fast and know what they're doing. We don't want to lose your business. Here's $ 110. Have a nice day."

An ethical dealership, when asked for an estimate on another's billing, might say, "Mr. Boner, we don't estimate work after it's been accomplished by another shop. We don't know exactly what was involved or what problems might have arisen during the service. However, if you'd like and estimate on future work BEFORE it's done, please come by and we'll be happy to provide you one."

What I'm saying is, we're at the mercy of the service departments, not unlike the way we are at the hands of doctors and hospitals. If you've ever seen an invoice of a hospital stay, you'll know what I mean.

Judging from my own patronage of ATV repair shops where I live, 3.2 hours for the work you describe; even $ 55/hour, doesn't seem out of line to me.

However, if it is, and you convince the dealership of that fact: I'll join you for those stuffed shrimp we'll buy with your refund!

Tree Farmer

Old 02-06-2000, 08:40 AM
Pro Rider

TF,beloved manufacturers reputation?I have no love for ANY manufacture.I have a love for what I personally like in a 4x4 quad regardless of who makes it.I've been thru hell with the Sportsman.Since it's return last Dec,it has been everything I like in a 4x4 quad.[except it does weigh to much]Im sorry for mis-interpeting your response to Boner.As I said before ,this case is CLOSED.I will be more careful in the future as how I perceive your posts.Oh yah,BTW,I like Micky Ds too.TOP OF THE DAY TO YA,====BILL

Old 02-06-2000, 09:09 AM
Range Rover

there are 2 things i consider standard items when i buy a quad,1 a winch and 2 a service manual,just dont attempt jobs that are beyond your capability.and all dealers have 1 guy in the parts department that knows what he's doing only deal with him when you need parts (i've had wrong parts ordered because i didn't do this)and you dont want to talk to the mechanic that worked on your bike talk to the service manager.and boner call and ask for the salesman that sold you the bike and tell him how you feel about the bill and how your not going to buy your next bike from them you probably wont get a refund but he might throw something in to pacify you.dealerships survive on sales not service

Quick Reply: Arctic Cat Problems