Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Any info on AC or Suzuki CV Auto trannys?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2001, 02:17 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im hopin someone on here can give me the scoop on these tranny's.Some of us over at the HL forums heard that Cowboy and Minehunter knew a few tricks to wake up the acceleration or top end of these tranny's.I heard it involved drilling a hole in a certain place,or possibly "shaving" the clutches?Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanx in advance!

Old 12-27-2001, 04:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Q500-
Yeah, there is a lot of information you can find on the auto tranny mod if you dig back a bit. I believe if you do a search for "minehunters tranny trick", or something of that nature, you'll find all you need to do the job. I've posted exact detailed directions step by step under that topic for how to do it. I'd do it again here for you, but at the current time, I don't quite have enough time to type it all out-very sorry to say that, I'll probably have more time later on, but that search should help you out right away if necessary.

I'll caution you though, the "tranny mod" will NOT improve high end or top speed. This mod is for LOW END only-like "get up and go" and basically "low end grunt". I have noticed though that after the mod, I can now increase speed going uphill with my 27" 'Claws, where before with the stock tires, it was all I could do in high gear to just get up the hill. The mod has helped a lot in ALL areas of atving-from towing and hauling, to the really tight technical trails and such-kind of gives you that extra "umph" you need at times.

Basically what you'll need to do is drill a hole at about the "1-o'clock" position on the spring retainer plate on the DRIVEN pulley, then move the spring from the square hole it sits in now, to the new hole you just drilled. I'm sorry I don't have time right now to give you the exact instructions, but if you would like, check for that search here, or you could also email me and I'll check that later today or this evening. I'm out of town and have limited computer access right now, but can get to my email. My address is mmundinger@hotmail.com, let me know if you have any questions, I'd be glad to help out in any way possible.

Best of Luck,

Mike