Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Any new X-Mas 'Cats???

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2001, 04:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CatLance,

I have had this problem before. If you look in my photopoint album you can see a picture of my cat climbing a trailer's ramps with the ramps in the towing position. IT was so steep that it could not allow the fuel to reach the carb and it did the same thing that you said.

Old 12-29-2001, 07:11 PM
Trailblazer

Christmas cat is in! New to ATVs but from all your excitement on this site, it looks like I picked a good one. I read after, I put down my deposit, about the so called limited-slip front end. This is anoying but I guess I'll have to wait for the locker kit like the rest of you!!!!

Old 12-29-2001, 08:15 PM
Pro Rider

I guess I should add that I bought a 375 auto for Christmas. I love it!

Cowboy, I hope all is well with you!

EtherNut

Old 12-30-2001, 03:38 AM
Range Rover

Hey Joe, I've been in a lot of different situations and have yet to 3 wheel with the new i model. I haven't done a DEEP mud hole yet (more than 2 foot), so I suspect, I'll find out then. But the articulation is so good, that I'm not sure that in most situations it's needed.

I'm only getting an aftermarket locker (when they come out), because.....like my winch, I want to have it when I need it. But most of the time it'll just sit there, not being used. Good luck with everything and have fun riding (PS snow plowing with ATV's is really FUN)

Did you see that Buffalo, NY has gotten 83" this month. Over 5 1/2 foot of it in 5 days... Reminds me of home..

Old 12-30-2001, 08:20 PM
Trailblazer

Yep that is alot of snow! I am about 1hr north, as the crow flys, and only have about 3" on the ground. Unless I sell the snow blower, sittin in the garage, I'll have trouble justifying the plow. I should be pickin up the new baby tomorrow, just in time for a New years day spin.

Old 12-31-2001, 05:01 PM
wyd
Range Rover

Rides4Fun I see you all the time on the Nation. Your Cat is very cool looking with those Titans on. It look like a fun machine to ride. Out here in PA where I'm at the their are only a few Cat dealers out here and they either sell Motor Homes or Tractors. I just don't feel comfortable with that jack of all trades thing if you know what I mean. Hope your cat is purring after that little mishap you had. If I had a cool Cat dealer like you I might look for one after my Wolv. dies (which I hope it don't since I have only had it since Oct 4).

Well catch you on the Nation!!!!!

Have a good one and get that cat fixed.

Old 12-31-2001, 09:09 PM
Range Rover

Hey wyd. A good dealer, and close dealer are an important part of having an ATV IMHO.

Arctic Cat is expanding every year, and eventually should have more dealerships out there for you. But I would go with your gut feeling. If you have an uneasy feeling about that dealer, steer clear, don't blame you. However, my dealer, is primarilly a KTM motorcycle dealer, and gets only some of their income from ATV's. On a wim I stopped in one night, and started researching them. For me, I talked with the owners and the mechanics and got a better "feeling" about them not being exclusive AC ATV dealers. But again, go with your gut.

Good luck with your ride.

Old 01-01-2002, 01:13 PM
wyd
Range Rover

Rides4Fun at least your dealer sells Motorcycles as well as ATV's. Mine sells lawnmowers and Motor Homes. I guess to me it seems like a jack of all trades things. Then when I was looking a older lady in her mid 60's was trying to help me which she didn't know a hole lot. I would feel better if they only sold some type of dirt bikes or other brands like Yamaha, Honda, etc...

I do like the way your machine looks. It just says I'm a bad machine so don't mess with me!!!!!. I hope to see a 500I or 400I on thr trails where I ride at sometime in the future so I can check them out. I think the Suzuki engine is a proven one so I'm not to worried about needing much in the way of work but like you said you need to feel like you have a good dealer.

I hope to see on the threads more as you are very helpful on AC stuff and many others topics as well. Have a good New Years Day....Brian

Old 01-01-2002, 06:07 PM
Trailblazer

Kitty likes the snow! Drove about 3 miles today through 5-6" of fresh snow with the puny stock rubber and never even bothered with the 4WD. The 2'x2' ditch at the road didn't even scare it. This 500i, manual kitty sure likes Canada!! Oh ya! She didn't seem to mind too much when it comes to big granite rocks. Hit one, hiding in the long grass, covered with snow. It was ppretty square and about 15" high. I didn't see it and was doing about 5mph, luckily. Went over it without tossing me, the virgin. A lesser bike might have put me on my head.

Old 01-02-2002, 05:44 PM
Range Rover

Cool Joe, hope you enjoy that 500i as much as I have, keep the experiences coming.