Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Any new X-Mas 'Cats???

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2001, 04:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Howdy Y'all!

Well, how'd the holiday's treat everybody? Any new '02 500i's out there, or any other 'Cats for that matter? Just wanted to apologize for not being around lately-had a lot of "stuff" going on I guess you could say and have been trying to get life in general put back together. Thought I'd say HEY to everybody out there and wish you all the best over the holidays, and with life in general-sometimes funny things happen here and there that seem terrible at first, but end up being very good in the long run. Without being rude, would anybody mind if I asked a favor? I's sure appreciate it if somebody could PLEASE get out and do some riding for me! My poor kitty is locked up in a garage at a new place I'm staying now and there's no chance we'll be together riding in quite some time it appears. She's pretty sad about that and would sure love for one of her fellow 'Cats to be out tearing up the trails, or busting new ones for her. (I would too actually! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img])

Anyway, just thought I'd say hello, let ya'll know I'm still alive and thinking of you all. Hope everybody had a very Merry Christmas and an even better New Years. Gotta run for now, I'll check back as I can.

Best of Luck!!!

Mike
(long lost Cowboy)

Old 12-27-2001, 07:21 PM
Range Rover

hey dude, COWBOY it's good to hear from you i was getting worried about you ,Welp I ain't going to bragg , but i got a 400I-4x4 from santa, corse i got to make the payments, got a winch, a bumper, a cute little mirrow , and I think im very happy with it, It's 19 degree's out there , No riding today maaybe tomorrow, Good to hear from you anyhoo ,, chunky

Old 12-27-2001, 10:41 PM
Pro Rider

Cowboy,

I went riding for you today. it'll be my last time for a while too. Wedding is going as planned and as of now I'll be a married man by 3 pm central time saturday. We both managed one day off before the wedding that we didn't have to plann something, meet somebody, pick something up, or write someone a check so we went 4 wheeling and shooting! Hope everything is going well up there. I took a break from the forum for a while too. I had nothing to say and I was working all the time including the weekends. Now if only I could find texascat...here little kitty!

good luck to ya mike!

Jason
Mr.Dakota R/T and Mrs. R/T soon! She may want to be called Mrs. Ram 1500 though. She even found a lady who will make my grooms cake into a pretty red dakota r/t! That's why I'm marrying her!

Old 12-27-2001, 11:33 PM
Range Rover

Welcome back Cowboy. Man they've been asking all around for you, about lockers. I'm sure you're still trying to catch up on all you missed. Got me new 500i manual, reviewed it, rode it about 100 miles, endo'ed it 3 times into a tree, took 'er for surgery, only costing me ~$175 to fix (love my dealer and that ATV). Anyway, you can read about any of those adventures at your leasure (although, I tend to type a lot), sorry it's a curse sometimes.

Old 12-28-2001, 12:03 AM
Trailblazer

Hey-welcome back Cowboy-it looks as if news of your demise has been greatly exagerated as they say. I hope all is well with you. Dakotart, congrats on the wedding-you picked one that rides I trust [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].

Bri

Old 12-28-2001, 01:06 AM
Pro Rider

Cowboy~

Good to see you. I've heard lots 'bout ya, and your name was brought up more than once when I was searching for new tires. Andy Bassham suggested the Mud Machine's 27" Tri/Bi Claw. I went with them and couldn't be happier. They are one awesome tire set.

Take care and best wishes for a happy & prosperous 2002!

SilverBear

Old 12-28-2001, 10:23 AM
Pro Rider

Good to hear from ya Cowboy. Took my little Kitty out into the woods Christmas day. Only had to use the winch to extract me 3 times!!!! There was this one ditch I was trying to get across & it was about 5' across and about 2' deep. Everytime I'd get into it, the bumpers would hang up or I'd get 2 tires out of it & the damn snow plow mounting ears would hang up (I really need to take the mounting plate off if I'm gonna be trail bustin'). One thing happened to me that has never happened before, I had the front end up in the air trying to get her out of the ditch & I was off trying to get the winch cable secured to a tree & she died. I tried to restart her & she wouldn't fire. I didn't try too long cause I needed the battery to run the winch. Once I got her sitting level again, try to start & she fired right up. Happened to me 2 more times that day. According to the gas gauge, it had about 1/4 tank of gas, I tried putting it on reserve with no help. I guess that fuel just wasn't running to the carb with the front way up in the air like that. Has that ever happened to anyone else?

Hope whatever is taking your time up turns out okay. Something I always have to remind myself is.....something good always comes out of something bad. Don't know if that fits your situation, but it works pretty good to make a dark situation bright.

Check out my yahoo photo album, look at the Luckydog Ranch album & look at the new home for my Kitty. That was my Fall project.

Old 12-28-2001, 11:38 AM
Range Rover

Hey Cowboy,

Nice to hear from you. This forum's been a little slow without you [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Hope everything's turns out OK for you.

My father-in-law bought a 375 4x4 after Thanksgiving, so I have another Cat to ride with. It's nice having more than one Cat around.

I've got the snow plow all repainted, put on new skids and a side deflector, but no snow yet [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Take care.

Old 12-28-2001, 04:09 PM
Pro Rider

Welcome back Cowboy!

The cat forum missed ya! Sorry to hear you can't go riding for a while, neither can I... til i get my 02 500 in march. March will never come quick enough! Anyhoo I hope you had a good christmas and have a happy new year.

newf

Old 12-29-2001, 02:27 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Cowboy, I just picked up my first ATV, and it's a 2001 Arctic Cat 400 4x4. Haven't been riding quite yet, but I'm sure to go soon.

Got it on Dec 23rd

Quick Reply: Any new X-Mas 'Cats???