Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

I've just had the most fun I've had in a while

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2002, 10:35 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

on my AC 500. You ever seen the monster trucks do the burnout\doughnuts where they just sit in one place & spin circles??? Last night on the ice in my driveway, I was doing the same thing. Put it in 4 wheel drive, crank the handlebars all the way to the right, & punch it and it just sat in one place & spun circles!!!!!!

It was a blast!!!! I had so much fun I was dizzy as heck when I finally stopped. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Just wanted to share my experience, have fun out there!!

Old 02-02-2002, 05:08 PM
Pro Rider

We were doing the same thing on the lakes last weekend. I couldnt do it too long though.....I would have puked! My buddy got going so fast when he let off the gas he must have spun 3 more 360s before he coasted to a stop. I laughed so hard I couldnt stand up. (Neither could he) The things a bunch of grown guys will do.......and we are not drinkers either!

Old 02-02-2002, 07:14 PM
Pro Rider

It really gets exciting after you hit about 4th gear. Just don't let go!

Old 02-02-2002, 09:24 PM
Trailblazer

I was going to do the same in one of our riding places during Christmas but as I pulled out on the ice and turned the handlebar to spin, the front wheels went through. Then the back went through. Everybody was laughin' so hard I had to wait for them to stop laughing so I could get help. Good thing some of the guys had spare clothes. We rode the rest of the day without much disappointment.
Chuck

Old 02-02-2002, 11:45 PM
Pro Rider

I went back out & did it 2 more times today!!!! Must look crazier than heck to those driving by on the highway, here's a guy with a snowplow on the front of his ATV spinning circles in his driveway!!!!!! Mine's an auto but the one time I looked down the speedo was up to about 35 mph!!!

After I stopped spinning, I'd have to sit there for a while to get my bearings before driving off.

I agree, the things grown men do to get their jollys!!!! My wife was watching me out the, window shaking her head!!!!!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-03-2002, 12:19 AM
Pro Rider

Forgot to tell you it is even better in reverse. Just put it in reverse crank the bars hit the overide and gas it. It works on a manual too, just not as fast.

Old 02-03-2002, 12:27 AM
Pro Rider

The fun part is doing that at night, with all the lights going. I need to film it, but the flashing spinning lights caught some attention up at the house. ( I was doing a little sliding/spinning on my pond, a good alternative after one gets sick of skating. )

Old 02-03-2002, 05:24 PM
Trailblazer

My dad was doin the same thing about 5 years ago on our King Quad. He was spinning in circles on a patch of ice when the front tire got of the ice and got traction! It tore the front diff all to heck!

Old 02-04-2002, 02:01 AM
Pro Rider

mudcat is right. Doing it in reverse is a total trip. Automatics can really rip in reverse. Last year we did it on a frozen overpass. While we were spinning around and around, we were sliding downhill as well. Gotta kinda watch out for the guardrails, though.

Old 02-04-2002, 02:05 AM
Pro Rider

needaQuest, that is a heckuva diet your Cat and Quest are on.