Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

It's good to be back in the pride.

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2002, 01:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's been goin' on in the pride lately?? I havn't posted a message in this forum for 3 or 4 months and I feel like an outcast. I have been busier than a three legged cat tryin' to bury its turds on a marble floor with work, huntin', shootin', and drinkin'. Anyway my '01 autocat is still workin' just fine and the only problem that I have had is with the gas cap...the damn thing leaks like crazy. I ordered a 2002 model gas cap which looks better b/c it is of one piece construction unlike the '01 model. The cat has only 531 miles on it since new in December 2000. I inspected the belt and it looks good as new and I didn't notice any oil, debris, or water in the housing. While my cat is no speed demon, it hasn't let me down and I am very pleased with it. I'm glad I got the cat.

Later,

Texascat

Old 02-10-2002, 03:13 PM
Pro Rider

Good to have you back Texascat. I wondered what happened to you. You and Coyboy disapeared about the same time. Have you heard from him?

Old 02-10-2002, 03:44 PM
Pro Rider

Mudcat,

I havn't heard from cowboy in a long time. I hope he and his cat are still alive.

Texascat

Old 02-11-2002, 02:58 PM
Range Rover

Hey Texascat,
I was wondering what happened to you. What happened to your sidekick? Have you guys still been going riding together? Was it you that got married or your buddy? Just wondering, good to hear from you again. I haven't heard or seen from Cowboy either.

Waco4whlr

01 500 auto
27" gators

Old 02-11-2002, 07:26 PM
Pro Rider

waco4whlr,

Naw it wasn't me that got married it was dakotart. Poor guy. Well I can't pick on married people b/c I don't know first hand how it is to be married all I have is second hand info. We havn't gone ridin' since he got hitched but the last time I talked to him he was talking about goin' but that's it. Maybe sometime in the spring when he gets a break from school. His place in Edna got a buttload of rain and it's real flat and the soil is very impermiable so it doesn't drain at all. I'm sure when we do go it will be a quagmire. When we do plan to go we will drop you a line and that goes for all you other Texas boys and girls. This place is an 800+ acre atv playground with plenty of mud and plenty of cottonmouth snakes, so come armed. Last year we killed 8 of those stinkin' reptiles.

texascat

Old 02-12-2002, 11:14 AM
Range Rover

Texascat, Good to see ya back. Last I heard was that Dakotart was getting hitched, thought maybe you caught the garter and got hooked yourself.lol

Old 02-13-2002, 06:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

TexasCat:

I have the same problem with the gas cap leakage on my 01 400. Did your 2002 gas cap fix the problem?

Trending Topics

Old 02-16-2002, 02:22 PM
Pro Rider

Attention ALL!

Yes I got married! Yes it is way cool...not too many people get to marry someone as awesome as my wife. I've been riding a few times but nothing serious. I'm trying to land a High School coaching job so I've been our rubbing palms and kissing babies to quote politicians. Texascat cat and I have been very busy. Spring is my best riding time. 800 acres of fun is right. When we had 20 inches of rain in Septemeber we had the original ATV play ground. Pics on my web site below if you want to check it out. I've been busy fixing the cats up too. Our 400 has the leaky gas cap problem and the 400 and 500 both fouled plugs our last time out with some friends. Carry extra plugs!!! The dealer replaced the old filters with new AC filters more like the auto air filters, their paper elements that don't require oil. Our filters were clean but clogged with oil. They run great now. I'm going to our other place in Bastrop tomorrow if any one is interested.Hint hint...Texascat...I may need to get my wife to registar on the forum as she got a new truck...mrs 02 ram 1500 or mrs. dakotart.

How goes it up there waco4whlr? Did you ever get those new wheels and tires. I still can't swing it. But boy do I need them.

Laters guys!

Dakota R/T

Old 02-18-2002, 05:18 PM
Range Rover

Welcome back young man! I hope married life is all you dreamed it would be. It really is nice to be married to someone who is really awesome. I know the feeling. Good luck with the coaching job, I hope all the politicing does you some good. Hope we can all get together this spring and do some riding. Yes, I did get the new tires. I got some pics, go take a look. Take care and good to hear from you.

Waco4whlr

Kyle's Pics

Old 02-18-2002, 07:15 PM
Pro Rider

Those Gators look nice. How are they working for ya? I like those and the mud bugs/589's. ITP has some new cast aluminum wheels that look promising and affordable. I haven't been really 4 wheeling since yesterday. I broke the gas cap and tank on our 400 and 500. Those plastic necks are a problem. I guess I'll get to find out how hard they are to replace and how much 2 of them cost in the next few weeks. I'm trying to work out a trip with Texascat to go in late march before it gets hot. One night stay. I don't know if we'll go to Morales or Bastrop. I have steadily built up my camping supplies and made some improvements to our land like water and electricity. If we can get some rain soon Morales will turn into a swamp on about 50% of it. Lots of areas to play and get dirty. Even more areas to test your cats climbing ability in the sand and mud. I have a little place that was killer even in the dry and almost ate me up a month ago in the wet. Thank god for WARN. Keep in touch and let me know if you guys are interested in going for a 2 day camp and ride.

Jason

Quick Reply: It's good to be back in the pride.