Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

AC won't run

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2002, 09:41 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys , let him buy a honda , and a new holland , because thats what he wants , why he posted here I cant' understand , If you don't like it , load it in a pickup get out your check book , your are a happy camper, end of dissusion , btw ford no longer builts tractor they where bought out buy fiat in 1991 , thats why they call it a new holland now , I bought a 1996 5030 ford - new holland tractor , they replaced it with a new in 1997 , it had 421 hours , they had put 223 hours on it trying to get a miss out of the engine ,never did , it allso blew the left brake seal 7 times , the new one did it 3 times , all though it never missed , I had 50 acres of hay on the ground when it done it last , the dealer pitched me the seal and said fix it , 21 thousands dollars , this is what i get , I fixed it all right , that was my 5 ford new holland tractor no more , so go get you a honda be happy

VA CHUNKY BOY

Old 04-02-2002, 08:28 PM
Trailblazer

Well said, my chubby, ATV riding, magazine reading, literate friend...
Chuck

Old 04-15-2002, 12:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

Back to the subject of your 300 Arctic Cat... I have one that was having the same problems and I thought it was the carburetor because an incompetent cat master left the breather pipe half way off the carburetor, which sucked in some muddy water while on a trail causing it not to start. After cleaning the carburetor three times, it still had the same problem. Come to find out the real problem was a intake valve that came out of adjustment and was so tight, it wouldn't close. The compression was 60 lbs. when it was supposed to be 120 lbs. A quick check to see if your valves are seating is to take a dollar bill and put it up to your exhaust pipe and if it pulls it up to the pipe, check your valves. Hope this helps your problem.

Old 04-15-2002, 06:35 PM
Range Rover

hey dude , I had a 250 ac the intake valve was to close on it to , was a hard starter , after a little adjment it was fine to , good point mite be part of his problem after all , chunky

Old 04-15-2002, 07:19 PM
Trailblazer

OK hayseed - go buy a honda....And post your complaints in the honda forum. We dont need your one-way mentality here.

Old 04-16-2002, 10:29 AM
Pro Rider

The only 4wheelers of any kind that needed an engine rebuild & won't last were ridin by 12 year old kids that think 9000rpm is normal because when it breaks DADDY will buy them another one, maybe a HONDA next time !!!! Good luck kid.