Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

My AC was stolen last nite

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2002, 09:58 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am only one province over, and it only cost $200.00 here!

Old 05-02-2002, 11:22 PM
Pro Rider

well shmoky, whoever ripped you off has to ride somewhere with someone right? your machine is probably coolin off somewhere, but it will eventually be out on a trail.
i think as fellow riders, let's put an A.P.B. out on your ride. whether we live near or far we can support you by keeping our eyes peeled.
the more i think about it the more it sickens me that somebody would steal a persons pride and joy. maybe your homeowners insurance would cover it? it's worth a try.

keep you hopes up anyway!

Old 05-03-2002, 11:17 AM
Pro Rider

Yea man you shoulda priced around I'm paying $140. here in Ontario!

Old 05-03-2002, 06:16 PM
Range Rover

Yah I'm still bumbed out and the police aren't much help either.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] they just said to keep an eye out for it.

Fango: Home insurance won't cover....I checked but a good idea.
sxr6: Only provincial insurance company. Although now there are a couple of others.

On a good note my AC dealer will give me a GREAT deal on a new bike.

gotta go to work.

shmoky

Old 05-04-2002, 02:28 PM
Pro Rider

They pay more in the US because they carry collision on their quads while we in canada usually only carry fire/theft and liability.

Anyone who doesn't at least put fire/theft on their quad is just plain CRAZY!!!!

Old 05-04-2002, 06:38 PM
Range Rover

Thanx for the encouragement kindsambo [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] Now I feel like I am loosing my mind. When you put insurance on YOUR machine, how much did you have to pay? I can't shop around here as we ONLY HAVE PROVINCIAL GOV'T insurance. I felt that was to expensive. (obviously wrong --- hindsight is 20/20) Very few people here have put ins. on their machines because of this.

I live in a middle class neighborhood with 6 (count them 6) POLICE officers living within a 3 block radius and 3 of them within 5 houses of me. I/we like to think it is a pretty safe neighborhood. After this incident I have talked to other neighbors and now they are beginning to wonder. Even the cops were surprised as this is the only big item theft they have heard of in a long time in this area.

We all know that "a lock only keeps an honest man out". If a criminal "really" wants something they will get it. Now I know there could have been many things I could have done that would have deterred them a little or a lot. I will be analyzing this shortly and will be applying some of these ideas for my next quad. Maybe a very hot electric wire (220V) hooked live to the machine. I can always pick up the pieces after. HaHaHa

shmoky

signature: Quad gone

Old 05-04-2002, 07:37 PM
Ami
Trailblazer

That really is awful. Sorry to hear about that. I hope they find it. How frustrating.

Old 05-05-2002, 01:59 AM
Weekend Warrior

shmoky, very sorry to hear about your quad. I truly hope they find the idots and you get the quad back in one piece.
On the insurance note, here in NY I'm paying $164/year for Liability, Personal Injury, Comprehensive and Collision. I know this is no help to you as you're in CAN, just thought I'd say it.
Good luck with the return of your quad.

Mazdaman85[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 05-05-2002, 12:57 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry dude. It really sucks having your machine stolen. I had a dirtbike stolen from me a long time ago. Lucky for me, I got it back a year later when a hunter found it in the woods. And yes stupid me didn't have insurance. Also like you I live in a small town with little or no cime. Guess where the theives like to go looking? Yup, in a nice quiet town where we're all unsuspecting and trusting.

As for insurance...you can get fire and theft for a mere $50 a year, well worth the price. I pay $180/yr for fire/theft and liability. If the prices are too high there, since you obviously have the internet, start shopping around.

Everyone in this area carries at the very least fire/theft. Hope you catch the buttholes who took your quad...at the very least get your machine back. Just make sure you have insurance on your next machine.

Old 05-05-2002, 12:59 PM
Pro Rider

Shmoky I just had a thought. Since the quad was in your truck, it might be covered under your auto insurance. Give your insurance agent a call. It's worth a shot man.

Quick Reply: My AC was stolen last nite