Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

My AC was stolen last nite

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2002, 01:19 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] Yup some lowlife scum stole my quad from the back of my truck last nite. I haven't really even had a GOOD chance to play in the mud with the new Claws yet either. The police seem optimistic but I sure don't. What a blow for the start of this month, just as the ground is finally getting soft enuf to really go and play. I was sooo looking forward to it. WHAT A PI$$ OFF. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

sorry, just had to rant.

shmoky

Signature: quad stolen

Old 05-01-2002, 02:39 PM
Pro Rider

Man that really bites the big one. I hope that they catch the person or person's involved. Good luck in finding the ATV.

Old 05-01-2002, 03:59 PM
Range Rover

Yeah man, Good Luck!!! I had to put my AC on a truck last night and I backed the truck up against our building. I told my wife if they wanted to steal it, they would have to work for it! But it was okay. No one messed with it. But wish you lots of luck! Was it insured???

Old 05-01-2002, 05:52 PM
TG1
Pro Rider

That really sucks! Hope you had insurance.

Old 05-01-2002, 11:17 PM
Pro Rider

sorry to hear about the bad news. i can't imagine what you would do to the person if you catch him! i hope you're insured and can buy a new cat. keep us posted.

good luck

Old 05-02-2002, 02:14 PM
Range Rover

No I did not have insurance. It would cost about $1000.00 a year for insurance. I hope I (hope the police do) don't catch the culprit(s) as I am not sure how much damage I would do to them. If I am the one to catch them I amy be detained from riding for a few years. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

On another note. When it was stolen I had the front brake caliper removed and hanging off the quad. Who ever gets it will need brake pads and the two bolts that hold the caliper on. Do you think it would be a good idea to contact all the dealers in a 700 mi. radius? Think I might get lucky? I will be putting reward posters out but don't expect much from them as I believe it was an out of town job.

shmoky

signautre: Quad Gone

Old 05-02-2002, 02:21 PM
Range Rover

I thought you got it back???

Old 05-02-2002, 03:39 PM
Pro Rider

$1000 a year for insurance seems very high. Here in Manitoba it costs about $250 a year I think.

I think you should do whatever you can to get it back, call people, put up posters and stuff like that. I would call the dealers to see if someone bought those specific items, you might get lucky. A few hours a day for a couple days making phone calls is definately worth getting you quad back. Unless your rich and have a money tree then you can just go buy a new one.

Old 05-02-2002, 06:07 PM
Range Rover

man this sucks , I wish you had insurance , ours on the cat and the polaris is only 290 year , man insurance is a good thing , hope you get it back ,

chunky

Old 05-02-2002, 06:23 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry to hear about your AC being stolen!! Too bad you didn't have insurance also. Here it costs about the same as the others said.. something like 250 bucks. Hope it works out and you get your baby back.

Man, if mine got stolen... I don't think I could hold in the rage to type straight enough to rant on here. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

newf

Quick Reply: My AC was stolen last nite