Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

2003,s what a huge disapointment

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2002, 01:11 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well Guys!! I was at a site that offerd the locker for a couple of other modles and at the end of the report they say they will have a locker kit for allmost all other the other models in the near future!! I am hoping that the cat models will be one of them. to comment on some of the arguments on electronics!! they are sealed and they do a good job!! but it stops there. the mechanical does just as good and for alot less.

Old 06-22-2002, 01:39 AM
Pro Rider

There can't be an aftermarket locker for the arctic cats, the front differential is welded together. Companies don't want the customer to cut the fron diff open.

Old 06-22-2002, 01:58 AM
Trailblazer

Bummer!! detroit lockers would be nice!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 06-22-2002, 02:02 AM
Trailblazer

The other models I was refering to was honda's!! detroit said other models would follow!! I was hoping a/c would be in there but!! I guess you answerd that!! oh well!! I am still thrilled with my 375!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-22-2002, 03:52 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I never knew how nice it was to be able to lock the front end until I got my 660. The sheer difference is painstaking. With stock tires, the locked Grizzly can get out of stuff that the AC would spin out with 27" Claws. They should add this feature, and thats a no-brainer, but you can't really hammer AC when Honda and Suzuki don't offer a locker either.

Sure there a few things everyone would have liked to have been added, but its still pretty much clear that they have a very impressive lineup here.

Old 06-22-2002, 06:33 PM
Pro Rider

Brent,

I may be new to ATV's, but if you read my post carefully, you'd see I'm not new to 4 wheeling. If mud holes are your game, then I'd be hard pressed to disagree with you. Mud holes are only a small part of what I do. My experience with Jeeps led me to the AC. The AC has lived up to, and really exceeded my expectations. I've had no issues with traction loss due to the limited slip up front. It has worked well, even when turning in off-camber situations.

A locker would be nice, but not necessary for me. If it is that important, then by all means by a brand that has one. I believe the AC has a preponderance of advantages, or you would have done that already.

Btw, After pulling a 500 HO out of a mudhole today, My cat proceeded to walk right through it, resulting in a fairly loud, "I'll be damned!" by the Polaris rider.

Old 06-22-2002, 08:14 PM
Pro Rider

The reason I chose Arctic Cat is because of the suspension, ground clearence, motor and manual transmission. These are the things that I wanted in a quad, I just wish they would go a little bit further and offer a locker too. Oh well. Maybe next year they will have a locker on their big bore. If not then I might have to look else where. I'm sure other manufacturers will get into the IRS game, I hope Suzuki does. I would like to stick to one brand.

PS: I did read your post carefully, I just commented on your ATV experience.

Old 06-22-2002, 11:02 PM
Pro Rider

<< The reason I chose Arctic Cat is because of the suspension, ground clearence, motor and manual transmission. These are the things that I wanted in a quad, I just wish they would go a little bit further and offer a locker too. Oh well. Maybe next year they will have a locker on their big bore. If not then I might have to look else where. I'm sure other manufacturers will get into the IRS game, I hope Suzuki does. I would like to stick to one brand.

PS: I did read your post carefully, I just commented on your ATV experience.
>>

No sweat. I suspect they won't go too long without a locker, as competitive as that business is.

Old 06-23-2002, 12:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

I just got back from Las Vegas where I was a guest at the AC dealer show. I was very impressed with the quality and durability reports from their dealers. I was invited to have lunch with the President of AC with some other guests. This company sells more ATV's than two of the Japanese companies but less than the top two. This year they sold $530,000,000.00, the company has $100,000,000.00 in reserve to expand or add new products. They have no debt. This info is on their website. They do listen to what you want and try to build what you want. The new 400 sport quad will give customers more choices where to buy their quad and it'll help drive prices down. At the show they were asking everyone about what they thought about the new 400 and what changes that they would like to see before selling it. One thing AC would bring to the table is their experience with snowmobiles and racing and supporting the sport. This support in the quad market is needed and AC can do a better job of it than some of the Japanese manufacturers. As the locking front end is a big deal for some of you I suggest you write AC and tell them how you feel about them not offering it. After talking to some dealers about it at the show, one dealer told me he didn't have many complains on the locking front end but he did say that if you would apply a little pressure to the brake if three wheels were spinning that the forth wheel would pull. All in all I enjoyed the trip and look foward to seeing the new AC's on the trail. P.S. When dealers asked about a larger displacement engine they replyed that they wouldn't talk about future projects but they did say they knew one was wanted by they customers and they intended to give their customers what they wanted. I think they are working on something now (my thoughts). They intend to keep growing in double digits as they have since entering the ATV market in 96. Look for more to come.

Old 06-23-2002, 01:19 PM
Pro Rider

i love my polaris, its has great atv 5 stars in all like AC atvs to
but polaris is the one who strated all will the 500cc.

my polaris sled been great to (99 XC 500) its got the polaris motor in it kicks but.

Quick Reply: 2003,s what a huge disapointment