Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Mud

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2003, 09:48 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mud

Getting stuck in the mud is fun! But usually the guys i ride with try not to of course. Cause if you do you will hear about it for the rest of the ride! Shifting weight is important as mentioned. And if you can get a winch its the best money you can buy. I would get a winch before tires. Also a tow strap is a must for the tool box, makes it easier when you dont have to use the winch or cant because its buried.

Fango: You got the block lift from AC? who is it made by and what did it cost ya?

Thx, Mark

Old 02-25-2003, 10:59 AM
Pro Rider
Default Mud

I piad 330.oo for my mudzillas. It cost me 36.20 for shipping. The weight is only 6 ounces different per tire than the outlaws. I did my homework on them. I dont know where y ou guys are looking at prices at but you can find things cheaper if you look

Old 02-25-2003, 11:01 AM
Pro Rider
Default Mud

Pound for pound I would put the zillas up against and outlaw out there.

The outlaws side wall treads is what hold the outlaw back from being number one in my book.

Old 02-25-2003, 03:22 PM
Pro Rider
Default Mud

Hey vewdew

The lift is made by Moose Utility Division... m.u.d...It was 79.99. You can't order direct from them so if your dealer doesn't carry it you can have them order it through PARTS-UNLIMITED. Or you can find them on-line, try HIGHLIFTER or DENNIS KIRK.

I checked and it seems that none of the Prefered Vendors carry the lifts...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 02-25-2003, 05:28 PM
Pro Rider
Default Mud

I have basically looked everywhere and there is nothing that I can find for my quad. If I did how am I going to know if it is for my straight axel? Does the type matter? As long as it is for my cc class is it okay for both kinds straight axel and i? This should be simpe but there are no details.
thanks for the past and future info!

Old 02-25-2003, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default Mud

As far as I know there hasn't been any changes with the ACT machines. So the '02 lift probably will work. I can't say for sure, but I would check with either AC dealer or the vendor that you purchase the lift from on your specific application. I can't imagine what would be different...you mount the lift to the frame and the top of the shocks.

The vendors that sell the lifts may just not have added '03 to their products lists.

I am just assuming this so make sure you do a little investigation yourself. I don't want to steer you wrong or anything...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-26-2003, 01:51 AM
Range Rover
Default Mud

if you want to do some extreme mudding then put the big meats on but if you don,t think you will take a look at the bear claws the 27 inch look like a decent set also the swamp pros don,t look bad i,ve had a chance to try 2 machines one with the outlaws the with the zillas and i say the outlaws pulled better thzillas seemed to spin more than the laws I think one grabs more which takes more power outlaws and the zillas don,t grab quite as much but lets you spin them a bit faster both good tires but I prefer the outlaws.But I live in canada where the real swamps are HA HA HA[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-27-2003, 06:19 PM
Pro Rider
Default Mud

Thanks for all the imput! So far I think I might go with a lift and a set of Radial outlaws. Manmudcat- The outlaws are they the radials or not that you were talking about?
Thanks![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-27-2003, 11:03 PM
Pro Rider
Default Mud

The outlawa are a mean tire. You will do one of two things with them

#1 either pull through it
#2 or brake something

They do grab,and grab like nothing youve ever seen, but when they do you better be ready to replace an axel

Ive seen it twice

Old 02-28-2003, 01:19 AM
Range Rover
Default Mud

the ones i got are not the radial i haven,t seen the radial outlaws so i can,t comment on it i have 28 12 by 12.5 all around they take a lot of power but they sure get trough a lot if your with your buds i don,t bother tracking the sides of the holes like they do i just go for the middle but i always wait till everbody is out or clear once you start go through you don,t want to stop[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]