Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Mud

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2003, 03:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mud

Do you guys have any tips on how to not get stuck in the mud any help and tips would help.

Old 02-24-2003, 05:06 PM
Pro Rider
Default Mud

To not get stuck in the mud...hhhmmmm???? Stay out of it!!!heh...heh[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Honestly, though, if I am riding the mud I want to be on the edge of getting stuck and riding through. Shifting your weight on the machine is probably the best way to make it through a mud hole. But if you don't have the traction or the clearance you will get stuck anyway.

So I would say:
1. Get a lift kit
2. Get some good mud tires
3. Invest in a winch
4. Find a riding BUD
5. Find a mud hole
6. Stick your machine in LOW and GO!!!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

...and remember...if you don't get stuck...you're not really having any FUN...are you????

MY ANSWER IS...NO

Old 02-24-2003, 06:20 PM
Pro Rider
Default Mud

Thanks,
What do you think are the best mud tires ITPs or a Radial Outlaws? One problem is I can't get a lift kit for mine. It seems that they don't make a lift for a 2003 ACT w/ a manual transmission. Do you know of any different. Does anyone know? Any imput or suggestions would help.

Old 02-24-2003, 08:35 PM
sly
Trailblazer
Default Mud

Fango
Do you reccomend a lift kit? And when you put it on do you have to baby it? I jut clawed my Y2K 500 auto. And it does scrape a little I need some more clearance. Im afraid the lift kit will screw up the cv's.
all input would be helpfull. Thanks SLY

Old 02-24-2003, 11:39 PM
Pro Rider
Default Mud

Lifts are great to achieve one thing. To go deeper!

No not really do you have to baby it, Just take care of it!

Throw away those laws and get you some real tires. "Zillas" is the way to go!

Adjust your weight if your in a rut and the 2 left tires are in it deep stand on your right foot boards, Sometimes i climb all the way to the fron rack or sit on the right front fender just depends.

Go high or go cry! Highlifter makes a lift for just about any bike!
Yes lifts are good if you mud like I do

Old 02-24-2003, 11:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Mud

Aren't Mudzillas really really heavy? Seems like they are like the heaviest tire you can get.

Old 02-25-2003, 01:40 AM
Pro Rider
Default Mud

mountainclimber, I am sure there is a lift kit for your machine. Check with HighLifter, Dennis Kirk or the like. If they don't have anything, check with your AC dealer.

Sly, I recommend a lift for sure!! I have lift block installed and have not had any problems at all. A few of my riding buds have the spring spacer type and they have never had any problems either.

Personally, I wouldn't go more than a 1" lift. Otherwise, you may increase the angle of the drive shaft and it may become an issue. If you stay to 1" you should be safe.

Yes, Andy, the mudzillas are heavy. I think the 28" 12x12's are like 41 or 42 lbs. Horse Power thieves!!
They wouldn't be my first choice for tires. They also are way to high priced, like outrageously priced!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 02-25-2003, 02:15 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Mud

They have to be the coolest looking tire there is, but I think they really are like 8lbs. heavier than most of the other tires. And you are right about that price, man I'd be making sure my truck had good tread before dropping G's on a set of them. Like a good $40 a tire higher than most. My cousin wants them, but I guarantee they would suck the life out of his 454.

Old 02-25-2003, 06:28 AM
sly
Trailblazer
Default Mud

Fango
What is a lift block? where did you get it or how did you make it. And where do you get a one inch lift kit? They all say two inch.
Thanks Sly

Old 02-25-2003, 07:52 AM
Pro Rider
Default Mud

Follow this link...lift...these are the block type suspension lift that I am refering to. I bought mine through my AC dealer. But they are the samething made by M.U.D. They give you a 1" lift but they do not stiffen the ride like the spring spacer type...spacer.