Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

HL HIghPreformance kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2000, 03:11 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok While I was reading over my Warranty info on my 'Cat I noticed that if you replace the jets the warranty was VOID...so I though to my self why not add the other parts but not get the Jets.
My first step was a K&N filter and pre filter, after 3 hours in three diffrent Autopart stores (the only quad Dealer in town is Polaris and they can't stand my 'Cat since I put their 2000 Magnum demo to shame in front of a customer, It was their Idea) The local Napa store Called K&N to get the number of the filter, but if they ordered it from their suplier it would take up to three weeks to get it. They gave me the part number and K&N's phone number and said I could ordered it from them direct. I called them and what do you know you can, its a little more expensive but they also stock the K&N prefilter for them also.
Here is the Part number for the filter for the 2000 500: AC-4096 and the cost is $36.88 the prefilter was $21.00 and the number is 1-800-858-3333
I will post my opnion on the filter sometime next week after I get to try it out. If its anything like the one on my truck I will love it.
Up next Supertrap exaust IDS2!!!!

Old 04-26-2000, 03:47 PM
Range Rover

your going to have to jet it if you put the muffler on,at least one size up.if you have a major problem down the road(i doubt you will)put the stock jet,exhaust,and air cleaner back on before you take it back.

Old 04-26-2000, 03:54 PM
Range Rover

you know I never thought about that, how much trouble is it to jet and about how much do the jets cost?

Old 04-26-2000, 04:18 PM
Range Rover

the jet is easy to change take the bowl off and just unscrew the jet with a regular screw driver.a couple years ago when i rejetted my honda i had to take the jet to the dealer and match it up they just have an assortment you may have to do the same.i think it was about 5-6 dollars

Old 04-26-2000, 07:14 PM
Pro Rider

BigCatDriver, you MIGHT not have to rejet. It depends how much more air the K&N flows, and how many disc you run in the Supertrapp. Some people need to re-jet badly just when they add a filter, others add pipe & filter and it's fine, but that's more rare. It depends on how the airflow is changed, and how the stock jetting was set up.

Just looked at your page, I like that Cat!

Old 04-26-2000, 08:36 PM
Range Rover

Just messing around this afternoon I was cleaning the Stock filter and ran the motor at high rpm with out the filter in place (making sure nothing could get into the motor) and to me it seemed to run better, I hopeing that if I have to rejet it will be because of the Supertrap, but it willl be a few weeks befor I will get it.
What is the going price on the exaust and where can I get the best deal? I love to deal with highlifter but since im not getting their complete kit I feel kinda bad about calling tham.

Old 04-27-2000, 10:25 AM
Range Rover

jeff form Highlifrter said that their is not s Jet kit out for my "cat so that snswers my question

Old 04-27-2000, 03:16 PM
Range Rover

BigCatDriver,

You will not have to rejet your carb for installing just an air filter. Although if you did want to rejet, you do not have to buy a jet kit. The AC uses a Mikuni carb, so jets can be bought by the handful for it.

When I installed the new IDS 2 Supertrapp on my AC I installed a K&N at the same time. I went up a full size on the main, but actually I think I could have left the jetting stock. My Cat does run just a little rich now.

Old 04-27-2000, 03:53 PM
Range Rover

Brad,
Thanks for the info I ordered 3 jets from Highlifter this Morning, They said that I might not need it but I went ahead and got it, The K&N will be here the first of the week and I will probaly keeps the jet the way it is, I'm still planning to get the IDS2 somtime this mth, so I got the jets while they were in stock. they were very cheep a $3.00 each. Dan Is sending me 3 bigger sizes, he said I might have to adjust the needle or even use the jet but I would better be safe than sorry, and I'm getting a TeamHilifter sticker (after much begging lol).
Can you tell a diffrence with the filter, jets and supertrapp, and how much trouble are the jets to install?

thanks

Old 04-27-2000, 06:40 PM
Range Rover

Yeah the jets really aren't that expensive. Sometimes I wonder how Dynojet can sell a kit with a couple of $3.00 jets and a $4.00 needle for about $50.00. Well nevermind, I guess it all has to do with research and developement.

Anyway, the main jet is really easy to install. I didn't even take my carb off of the bike to install it. I simply, took the right side panel off, loosened the clamps, turned the carb where the float bowl was facing the right side of the bike, took the four screws out then the main is right in front of you.

A power increase is very noticeable with the combination of the K&N and pipe. Although you will notice a difference just with the air filter.