ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

Restoring 82 Honda 110 ATC GAS TANK HELP

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2003, 06:35 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Restoring 82 Honda 110 ATC GAS TANK HELP

Howdy Newbie here

My girlfriend's grandfather gave us a old 110 he had stored on a ranch for years. It had good compression so I thought it possible.
It was in terrible shape but all the parts were there so I am gonna give it a shot restoring it.
The carb and gas tank were in the worse shape. I took the carb off and apart holy crap I have never seen deposits like this the slide was frozen the jets were completely clogged I am stunned on the sludge that gets in there. Oh get this some sort of rodent made a nest in the frame air inlet to the filter box gross! Anyway I tested for spark and found a strong pulse that was another true test for the restore.
Putting the carb back together after several hours of soaking and scubbing. I rigged up a fuel line to a test bottle and after just a couple pulls low and behold she fired up , thats gotta be the best feeling. My problem now is the tank had about a pint of rust pour out of it and the petcock is missing. Should I try to restore it? I have seen the gas tank restore kits alittle pricey and not sure how well they work or should I get a plastic replacement tank? If I keep the old one I need to figure out the petcock. Anyone have a closeup pic of their petcock? huh that sounded naughty hehe. Or if I buy new where is the best place to get an inexpensive one? 1982 CDI Honda 110 ATC

Thanks everyone in advance for your input, THE CAMPGROUND CRUISER LIVES!
Rich Barry
Thousand Oaks CA

Old 07-06-2003, 05:06 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Restoring 82 Honda 110 ATC GAS TANK HELP

the thing i do is tank my tanks to the raditor shope and thew only charge me 20 a tank i frist tryed the kit the kit alone cost me 20 so i said screw it and i just tank it to them and have them do it as for a pet **** try ebay i seen a new one on their for 25 or so and hell yah restore it or just get it were you can ride it their awsome b/c of their high and low range good luck!!!! email me if you need some more info1 jpsshack@fuse.net