ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

Do ATCs roll easily?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2003, 01:37 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do ATCs roll easily?

Geez.. This nut is on a roll! Giles - you ever even ridden a trike?

Old 07-23-2003, 05:00 PM
Trailblazer

I agree with HA2, SuperTryke & 85Rrider. They are more prone to tipping but if you have a good suspension setup and experience they are not much more dangerous than 4wheelers. I grew up riding 3wheelers (Honda 90, Honda 110, Honda 185s, & Honda 200X) and loved every minute of it and still enjoy hopping on my uncles threewheelers (one uncle has 2 350Xs (85 & 86) & 200X, another one has 85 350x, and the other two both have a 200X).

Old 07-24-2003, 09:36 PM
Trailblazer

i have 2 atc a 200s and a 250 klt both have only front suspension and i have never flipped and when turning the tires go up cuz i make them but i dont think they flip so easy like everyone says they do. i turn quick peel out do donuts and have never flipped. i dont jump on my atc cuz i dont have full suspension so i dont know how it is jumping. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-26-2003, 03:04 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: GILESRACING
DEPENDS ON HOW YOU RIDE THEM. YES THEY TURNOVER EASY. IF YOU JUST PUTT AROUND ON THEM YOU WILL BE OK.WHY DO YOU THINK THEY HAD TO STOP MAKING THEM.
As of 1998 manufacturers have legally been able to produce three wheelers if they wanted to and they quit making them because too many people who thought they new how to ride them didn't.

Old 07-26-2003, 03:55 PM
HA2
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: nudescreamngmike
Originally posted by: GILESRACING
DEPENDS ON HOW YOU RIDE THEM. YES THEY TURNOVER EASY. IF YOU JUST PUTT AROUND ON THEM YOU WILL BE OK.WHY DO YOU THINK THEY HAD TO STOP MAKING THEM.
As of 1998 manufacturers have legally been able to produce three wheelers if they wanted to and they quit making them because too many people who thought they new how to ride them didn't.
alcohol played a major role too. But the thing that i think made the biggest difference in the amubulance chasing lawyers. i know a certain someone that sued honda for 250k and had no intentions of sueing anyone before a certain lawyer approached him that had a couple of successful cases against honda. 3 wheelers are the definition of how sueing effects everyone and cheated out society of great, light, reliable machines.

Old 08-06-2003, 10:45 PM
Trailblazer

If you can understand how to shift your weight when you turn ur fine. I have been riding 3wheelers since i was about 6 and only fliped them prob about 20 times. Its realy up to you. Ohh and the jumping part... again you just have to make sure the front doesnt lift up because of the light weight they have in the front. A 3wheeler is all about balance and shifting your weight.

Old 08-10-2003, 09:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

why is the machine always to blame? I always wanted one when I was a kid and my dad wouldn't buy me one because 'they roll easily and they're "dangerous". The last time I rode my 185 s and almost went off the side of a ditch it was because I was having too much fun which led to my going a little too fast as I went around the corner and hit a hole in the road that I forgot about. Who's fault was that? mine of course. No one had a gun to my head telling me to step on it.

Old 08-11-2003, 01:39 PM
Range Rover

You said - it was 'your' fault. That's the problem - nobody wanted to take the blame.

If I knew someone who sued for that much - I surely wouldn't know them for long. I knew a certain someone who cheated workmans comp - funny how the insurance comapnies find out about these people.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-17-2003, 02:29 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hello everyone,I'm new, but had to reply here.....do they roll easily?Yeah,but so do 4-wheelers.It's all in how you ride,and going past what you're capable of.You have to get used to them before you do stupid fun things.I don't see them any more dangerous than the rider.I've had mine since 1980-rolled it,flipped it,went over handlebars,off the back,sides,chased it,and been chased by it.Play in the river,snow,mud,pasture.Had the time of my life with it,and wouldn't trade it for a motorcycle again for anything.I had dirt bikes till I went to ATCs,and got broken bones.So far my 3-wheelers haven't hurt me....yet.I'm older now and I know I will get hurt eventually-but it will be my fault when I do.Mine has no suspension so it doesn't jump well-but it wheelies beautifully.Honda sent me a book when the ban took place since I bought the 185 new.The "safety"book only proved to me what a few idiots looking for someone to blame and a free ride can do to to a good thing.I wrote Honda back telling them I bought it to have fun and get hurt on if I do stupid things.Buy one-enjoy it-use a little common sense,and you won't regret it.

My thoughts.
Tim

Old 08-18-2003, 12:31 AM
Trailblazer

do ya rREALLY NEEED AN ASWER what happened to all the common sense in north america???

Quick Reply: Do ATCs roll easily?