ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

Painting plastics

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2003, 02:52 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Painting plastics

I am trying to do a full restoration of my Honda 125M and was wondering if anybody knew how to paint plastics?? I have tried it on others but they always peel. is there some special additive or something that i can use?

Please help? also i was wandering if there was an exhaust i could get to help the horsepower or is it just better to repack it.

Thanks jake

Old 09-16-2003, 07:39 PM
Trailblazer

Why repaint? Buy new one's on ebay or for looks you can add stickers. Walmart sell "plactic" spray paint. The problem is that paint is brittle when it drys and the plastic flexes when you ride.

Old 09-17-2003, 05:45 PM
Range Rover

I have thought about this but I am trying to restore it at a cheaper costs than they want for just teh plastics(110$). I also have to get new tires so I need to make a good profit when i sell.!!

But thanks for the advice

What are teh best tires for a 3 wheeler at somewhere around 60 dollars or so apeice.

I was thinking maybe holeshots or razrs. My brother has Blackwaters on his trike but they don't hook up very well.

Old 09-18-2003, 09:36 AM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want some cheap tires cause you're going to sell it shortly, I'd go with Carlisle Trail Pro's. WalMart sells a pair for ~ $90. I wouldn't stick to aggressive tires on it cause then you won't be able to turn correctly. These tires also last longer than racing tires like Holeshots

Andy

Old 09-18-2003, 12:46 PM
Range Rover

I'll have to go check those out this weekend.

can't go anywhere till Friday

Huricane Isabel is about to role through my town!!!!!!

Old 09-18-2003, 02:27 PM
Trailblazer

about $90 for 2 correct? I saw that brand a Walmart and they were $46.00 each.

Old 09-18-2003, 02:40 PM
Range Rover

What kind of tires do they resemble?

Old 09-29-2003, 03:04 AM
Weekend Warrior

I recently found a 1980 ATC 110 that has been sitting outside for about 10 years. I'm in the process of restoring it to like new condition. The plastics are in excellent condition, except for the color. Years of sitting out in the weather have caused the plastics to fade really bad. I've been reading all the threads here concerning re-painting the plastic fenders, and I've learned that it is probably not a good idea. I can see that most everyone here agrees that buying new after market plastics is the most sensible solution. My plastics are in good condition. They aren't broken or cracked; just faded from years of sitting in the sun. But I guess if I want the plastic to look new, I'm going to have to replace them. Now, my question is what brand/type/color of paint can I buy to use on the front forks and headlight assembly that will match the new red plastics? There are so many variations of red on the market. Does anyone know what matches the red plastics?

Part two of my question --- Does anyone know of a source for graphics/stickers/decals? Keep in mind that I want it to look original.

Thanks in advance for any helpful replies.

Tom
Lubbock, Texas

Old 09-29-2003, 10:29 AM
Pro Rider

MPracing seems to have plastic paint down the a science. Do a search on this board also.

Old 09-29-2003, 05:58 PM
Range Rover

Oh, sorry. Here's a picture I just found on the web. Carlisle Trail Pro

Hope this helps, Jakey.

Andy

Quick Reply: Painting plastics