ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

3 wheelers on the road

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2003, 08:38 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3 wheelers on the road

Hey guys i am thinking abouat buying a 200x to save money(looking for a car soon). How does your guys trikes handle on teh road? My 125 always wants to throw me over the handle bars everytime i turn[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]. I am going to be riding with my buds who have blasters and a raptor. how will it hang with them. I usually ride teh 400 but it will stay at my gramps for now. we have just moved to a place with little riding area.

thanks, any input would be greatly appreaciated.

p.s. what do you guys think of teh tri-z on teh road.

I do alot of riding on paved roads as you see!!!

Old 09-24-2003, 08:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

how do they handle on PAVED roads? well, like crap as far as i know, I know my bikes always pull hard to one direction or another on paved road, but maybe if you inflated them pretty good? In any case, theyre not really made to drive on paved roads, and i dont think they do overly well on them.

Old 09-24-2003, 09:15 PM
Range Rover

will it help if i put on a smaller front tire and extend teh swing arm?

do yours try to throw the back wheel over you when you try to turn? I just need it to be good on a fairly straight line.

Old 09-24-2003, 09:16 PM
Range Rover

p.s. maybe a smoother front tire would help?

Old 09-26-2003, 05:09 PM
Pro Rider

Stay off the paved roads. They're not made for it and it will throw you to the ground when you least expect it and it will be fast and hard and painfull. Of course you're not going to take my advise, so just let us know when it happens and hopefully you won't get hurt too bad.

Old 09-26-2003, 06:23 PM
Range Rover

your right i propabably won't take your advice and i will end up with a metal plate in my arm(just like my dad who was thrown on his Big REd back in 85'.) but there has to be a way... i mean i see those big 3 wheel motorcycles riding around all of the time.

I am going to teh dealership to see what the trick is on those things. Maybe if i put hoosier racing tires on....lol

anyways any imput would be great...

Old 09-26-2003, 08:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

the only thing id say is to try smooth tires and inflate them fairly hard, stay away from knobby and soft tires. but in either case, your probably going to get kicked off no matter what you do.

Old 09-27-2003, 12:36 AM
Range Rover

Has anybody ever seen one of those big cruiser bikes with three wheels? I wonder how thos things work. I went to my dealer but they only dealth with polaris and had no experience with them>[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 09-27-2003, 02:02 AM
Pro Rider

Old 09-27-2003, 02:19 AM
Pro Rider

those trikes on the road are basicly a three wheeled vw bug. the rear end has a differential, which means the inside wheel will rotate at a different speed than the outside wheel allowing it to have control on the pavement. Your atc has a solid axle intended for dirt and sliding or spinning the wheels through corners, it aint made for pavement. Learn from other peoples mistakes, dont re-live them, figure out how to ride that thing on dirt then get on a 250R 3wheeler and you will be amazed at what you can do.

Quick Reply: 3 wheelers on the road