ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

Police

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2003, 12:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Police

ok, i know that there are cops in this forum, and I respect that, but cant they find anything better to do than hassle us ATVers? I hear people saying, ohh, its just their job, but so is stopping druks, and bank robbers, i mean, whats more important? Well, at least i havent gotten tickets, cause I've been on my subdivision's property every time they catch me!!!! So, tell me what you think.....
Later, Ryan

Old 11-25-2003, 12:12 PM
Pro Rider
Default Police

I think cops waist to much time harassing innocent people with bull$hit fines and violations, matter of fact I dont like cops. But, I also think if you are caught riding on public roadways or private property, you should be ticketed. Obeying the law is the first step in preserving our sport.

Old 11-25-2003, 12:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Police

Well here the police are pretty good about it. Sometimes a little too leanant. There is a moreon that lives around here that will do about 50mph down the street at 2:00 am!!!! In my opinion he should have the book thrown at him....There are old people and kids that sleep around here!!!! It all depends where you live I guess. Just remember they call them "Off Road" for a darn good reason. I ride mine in the yard all the time but never hit the streets. I go in the country for riding.

Old 11-25-2003, 12:29 PM
Pro Rider
Default Police

you take the risk when you take that toy out, if you get caught its only your fault. im not a cop or ever wish to be one, but come on your riding where?

Old 11-25-2003, 12:30 PM
Pro Rider
Default Police

I don't blame the street cops as much as I blame their supervisors and budget managers. If too much of their budget relies on tickets and fines, they HAVE to generate income or lay off some cops. Doesn't matter if anyone is breaking the law or not, they HAVE to generate income. It's a broken system and the same story is repeated in the Child Support Enforcement Dept, got to keep the money rolling in or workers get laid off. The Government doesn't have an unlimited amount of money, each Dept is given a yearly budget and it's very difficult to go back at the end of the year and get more because you couldn't balance your books. In my world, non-violent crimes would get community service (trash cleanup, recycle sorting, walk on a treadmill to generate electricity, etc.) instead of paying a fine. That way, ambitious cops wouldn't be able to grow their departments by writing more tickets and collecting more $$. After all, if the department doesn't grow, they can't get promoted.

That said, there are some people in uniform that think they were put on the earth to run other people's lives. Anyone that thinks they know best is an a$$hole and if they have power, it's a dangerous combination.

Old 11-25-2003, 12:54 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Police

UBETRUN...I like your system and think it would work. Although I have to admit I'm too lazy to do public service stuff so I'd rather pay the fine.

And you are also right about those with that "Holier than thou" attitude. I mean GEEZ MAN...some of those guys need a good A$$ whopping! There is nothing worse than a public paid employee who abuses their appointed power.

Old 11-25-2003, 03:43 PM
Pro Rider
Default Police

ok, there are some good responses up here, BUT, should it count to get in trouble even if you are on you subivision property?
I even tell them this, and yet every time they see me, i get "the speech". And I have never been caught on city roads. Plus the roads
us are only driven on by residents, and they like ATVs, Cause I know about 57-59 people that own ATVs, and all live in my neighborhood.
And yes, we do have speed limits, which are 15mph, and we have an "unwritten code" that says if you break the speed limit, dont ride your quad around here!

Old 11-25-2003, 03:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Police

I guess I am still confused....Around here "subdivisions" streets are city streets and there for cops patrol them and enforce the laws just as if it were "main street".???? When you are in city limits; the city laws apply......don't get me wrong there are cops out there that take it to the Extreme!

Old 11-25-2003, 09:56 PM
Trailblazer
Default Police

What I want to know is why can you jump on your snowmobile and haul ***** down the side of the road. Sometimes down the road. And they even have clubs with public trails that go for miles. But dont even think about it with an atv. Yeah they dont exactly "tread lightly", but have you ever been down a snowmobile trail.(dont eat first) Basically, " If they can do it, Why cant we?"[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] Thats my $0.02 worth..................

Old 11-26-2003, 10:46 AM
Pro Rider
Default Police

our "subdivision roads are owned by us, cause we all paid for them, and they are not the cities property.
So they cant harass us but still do

Quick Reply: Police