ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

Police

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2003, 02:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Police

i live on a dead end street about 2 miles in the country and the cops here r great until a new sherif came along and got me and my neighbors all pissed off. i havent gotten a ticket yet but i just recieved my 1st written warning for taking my quad down the road and spinnin a few doughnets cuz it was our first snow this year. all my 8 neighbors have no problems with it and 5 of them have an ATV, i dont see y the cops dont just leave our road alone.

Old 11-29-2003, 08:05 PM
Pro Rider
Default Police

catch me,
<<our "subdivision roads are owned by us, cause we all paid for them, and they are not the cities property.
So they cant harass us but still do >>

There is the Plat act in your state, which describes subdivisions, utilities, and roads. if it is a Private roadway, it should plainly state it.
Plat Act

In florida it is diffrent here is ours Florida Plat Law

Old 11-29-2003, 08:41 PM
Pro Rider
Default Police

that was more clear than what other people have said around here, thanks surveyer.
BTW, where do find that kind of crap?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Later, Ryan

Old 11-29-2003, 10:00 PM
Pro Rider
Default Police

cops either come in a feast or famine.

ppl ride all sorts of things around here, and the thing that gets me most is any law you can break on a quad, is legal in a car, for example a rail road rite of way. the cops should understand we are out to have fun, not to bother people. the cops should think of it this way when we ride on the roads and night with snow, who will win in the pursuit, the 2wd crown vic, or the 4x4 atv when there is 5" of snow on the road, hey cops look at it this way, we are staying out of troble, and not doing anything to anybody. just my .02 cents

Old 11-29-2003, 10:19 PM
Pro Rider
Default Police

Exactly!!!!!!You hit it right on the nose!!! I coldnt have said it better myself.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
And the same thing with the crown vics in a field.........they have said that they will pursue into a field, and trails?>???? Come on!!
But really Vinson581, well said.

Old 11-29-2003, 11:13 PM
Pro Rider
Default Police

Catch me,

generally for licensed professions, (engineers, nurses, funeral directors, land surveyors, doctors, etc..) they are regulated by the state boards of professional regulation. the boards derive their power fron the state statues or in your case the acts..then the board implements rules based on the acts..

if it is in a statue, and you can prove you are right, it will hold up in court, or at least get you out of a ticket. in Fla a land surveyor has the right to trespass while making a surveyFl Statue giving the right I have had to use this on ocassion, and the police when they are called and I show them the statue let me do my job. not this does not allow me to damage anything, it just grants me access. so I have to abide by it as well.

I find this info as it pertains to what I do, and is part of my livelyhood. I keep up with the laws that pertain to me, and have to take continuing education 24 hrs every 2 yrs. I kind of figure if it is like this in my state, it is similar in other states, you just need to know where to look for it.

so if you can trace your deed down, and it says lot X, Block X, Your subdivision, as recorded in Plat book X, Page X, public Records of your county and state, just go to the courthouse in the clerks office and get a copy of the plat, maybe 5 bux or so, that is what it is down here, look for the dedication on the plat, and see if the streets are public or private. if it is a deed that says The south 30 feet subject to an ingress, egress, drainage or utility easement, chances are that it is private, since everyone owns to the center of it.
with the plat or deed in your hand, and the Plat act for your state you can tell for sure. if it is private, the cops don't have any jurisdiction, if it is public well they do..

hope this helps..

Vinson..just for grunts & giggles.. if a road is public that means from the right of way to the right of way..not just the pavement, unless other statue or ordinance applies, like allowing ditch riding.. yes, I do ride my quad in the right of way doing jobs, signs, strobe beacons, and saftey vest are on, and have not had a problem with it, cops just keep going by..but I know that I have no statue to back me up..in case one of them has a bad day.. a powerline which is usually an easement, or railroad right of way is diffrent. it is not a public thourofare, at least in fla, it is either owned by the railroad, or a powerline is owned by someone with rights to use the land given to the power company..

Old 11-30-2003, 12:55 PM
Pro Rider
Default Police

hmm, that was long, i will stick with what i had origionaly said....

Old 11-30-2003, 01:10 PM
Range Rover
Default Police

I agree 350x. Why can't we ride the trail systems around lower MI? Snowmobilers get all the breaks. Theres a good trail from lawton I think all the way to Kal-Haven that's snowmobiles only. Studded tracks do damage.