ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

Fouled spark plug?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2004, 05:31 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fouled spark plug?

One of my honda atc110's consistantly fouls out the spark plug after it has been sitting for a while. Here is an example, after a couple days of sitting, I'll go to start it up and it won't fire. I take out the plug clean it up with carb cleaner, dry it off, and re-install. One pull and she starts right up and runs perfect. This happens almost every time. Another thing is the plug will be quite black when I check it. Must be running rich. Any help will be greatly appeciated.....kelly

Old 04-04-2004, 09:14 PM
The Facility

If it does this after sitting up a couple days, I would say that the float needle is letting small ammounts of fuel enter the head and causing your inital startup problem every time.

Have you tried turning the fuel valve off when you park it and see if that has made a difference? This would be a fix until you fix the float valve problem

And, just for my curiosity...you aren't using any plugs other than NGK are you??

Old 04-05-2004, 04:04 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for getting back so soon knowsalot...yes I've been having this problem after it has been sitting for a couple days. I recently installed a carb kit, so hopefully it's not the float valve. Always NGK for sure. The plug has been quite black after I get it running, and was told to lower the jet needle by raising the clip one notch from the middle to second from the top. After doing so it seems to run smother and the plug is less black. Also started up after one pull. I'll let it sit overnight and re-start in the morning. Any tips regarding the carb adjustments......Thanks, kelly[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-22-2008, 08:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

hi,i'm new to the site,i was wondering if you could help me out with a problemb i have with my ATC.
its a 1983 Honda ATC110,when i bought it,it ran pretty descent but now it doesnt want to start at first the rope broke so i took it of to fix it then i lost a part so i have been just push starting it,its getting spark but isnt running right i think its the carb.,but i dont know anything about it,can you help me?