ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

200M The beast

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2004, 10:16 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 200M The beast

Alright guys I know all of you most likely know 200M's arent well known for speed. Well I think mine must have been a frankenstein from the dealership. This thing is crazy fast. I have been in the atv world long enough to know good speeds for atc's and atvs and well this one is ranked high. However the beautiful machine is only a stocker and I want it to somply roar.

My kill list while driving this 200M is:
84 Honda 200S
84 Honda 200S
84 Honda 200M
85 Honda 200M
83 Honda Big Red
84 Honda Big Red
85 Honda Big Red
86 Honda Big Red
94 Honda 300
91 Honda 350
00 Yamaha 350 (cant remember the name)
-- Yamaha 250 Timberwolf (cant remember year)

The only thing that gave me a deacent challenge was one of the 84 200S'. Now I am going to soon be looking for bigger bikes to fry was wondering some modifications I can do. There is absoulutely nothing done to my bike.

Old 05-09-2004, 10:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 200M The beast

First of all welcome to the forum........Second of all, do you live near me? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I would enjoy a race with my little 200X. As far as your list goes there are some decent bikes in there but as far as the trikes, I had a mountain bike that would beat some of those![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].....I'm not rippin on ya' That is cool you wooped up on those guys.
As far as mods you can do a high compression piston, and some exhaust work, a new main jet, and a good air filter would be the extent of the engine, then you can do some different sprockets to gain the hole shot or get some serious top end.

Old 05-09-2004, 10:51 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 200M The beast

Thanks for the welcome. And I dont live anywhere near you nor do I want to lol. No offense to you but the less 200X's in my way the better. I know their capabilities and I know they would eat my poor M. However I doubt a mountain bike would clobber my bike lol and if it can I wanna see that mountain bike and I want it haha. Anyway wattya reccomend for sprockets? Front size back size? and I dont wanna hone out my engine thats a little too expensive for a 16 year old that doesnt work. As far as exhaust work and air filters go, know where I could get em/ship them in.

Old 05-09-2004, 11:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 200M The beast

For better take-off increase the back sprocket or get a smaller front
For better top-end do the opposite!
I do not know what the M is stock?
As far as the exhaust the best price is the Cobra steel exhaust. Look it up at your favorite ATV place or online, should be around $99

Old 05-09-2004, 11:14 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 200M The beast

So how much are you talking about increasing or decreasing and what kind of a increase am I looking at?
I believe the original teeth for the front is around 11-12 teeth I cant quiet remember rear sprocket since I still have a chain guard on it.

Old 07-26-2004, 11:53 PM
Trailblazer
Default 200M The beast

Hey i have an atc 200m also, and mine will move, i have a high compression piston in it, and a custom exhaust. if your looking for some good parts, go to ronnies.com, or denniskirk.com, or you can always check out ebay.
atc 200 m has 47 teeth on the rear, and 11-12 on the front.

Old 07-27-2004, 12:21 AM
Pro Rider
Default 200M The beast

I have a 200m also, for some added power...go with a high compression piston..i did...i dont even have a job anymore lol....I went with a standard bore weisco and it was $74, the hone job was free but i dont think they cost all that much.....40ish....cobra exhuast..alli hear is bad things about it...unless u like being the loudest bike out there......yeah they are cheap..but personal preference...u could also try a supertrapp for alittle more money..def. worth it IMO..

The front sproket is 11 teeth stock...my machine is all stock w/ the new piston, and it walks all over my neighbours blaster....until i run outta gears.....lol...im workin on a new front sproket but the green is a bit a tight these days....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]..on the 200m, i would add some teeth upfront..i find it wraps out way to fast, and mine only tops round 80...if i have it pinned like no tomorrow, i can almost keep up with cars going down a highway while im on the gravel road beside it..limit is 90km...something to think about

Sean

Old 07-28-2004, 08:53 PM
Range Rover
Default 200M The beast

I agree with the other user. A Wiseco High Compression Piston will really wake it up. Another thing you can do is put Aluminum rims off a 83-85 200X, they will slide right onto the axle with no mods. Also if your really serious you have to do some mods but you can change the entire front end over to a 200X front end. I changed the forks and trees and all and now I got disc brakes up front. My modded up 200M will kill my stock one, the difference is unbeleivable. And well worth the money since I got the 200X I took the parts from for only $100.

Old 08-02-2004, 12:17 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default 200M The beast

[i]Cobra exhuast..all i hear is bad things about it...unless u like being the loudest bike out there......yeah they are cheap..but personal preference...u could also try a supertrapp for alittle more money..def. worth it IMO..
I'm already the second loudest thing out there, might as well go all the way [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]. But how loud are we talking about anyway, like Crazy deafening loud, cant hear stuff when yelling loud?

Old 08-02-2004, 12:20 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default 200M The beast

oh yea and how large is a standard bore, and is a high compression piston bigger than normal, I'm just wondering because modifying is pretty new to me

Quick Reply: 200M The beast