ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

Isn't it sad....

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2004, 09:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Isn't it sad....

It about kills me when i see someone who doesn't give a **** about anything buys a close to mint trike and completely destroys it. There's a kid at my school that practically got handed a mint 200S, i mean it ran perfect when he got it. Well he's had it for about a year and i about beat his a$s when i seen the trike and seen how much it smoked. He never changed the oil in it and he never checked the level and the rings are totally shot now. He also blew the damn head gasket, busted up all the original great cond. plastic, he has his head pipe almost off of it and his valves are soon gonna be burnt up. The list goes on but my point is is that why can't they have just a little bit of respect for a machine close to 20 years old thats damn near mint cond.. I have seen this happen a bunch of other times to not just ATC's but also some rly nice quads that the parents of the kids in my school have just went out and bought them. Whats you guy's opinion on this issue? Personally it about makes me sick when i see that happen.......

Old 08-24-2004, 11:32 AM
Pro Rider
Default Isn't it sad....

I agree. You sometimes see these things happen on the other trike boards. Someone will get a nice trike, then destroy the thing by doing some half baked "modifications" or spray painting various parts of the trike for a new "look". To each his own I guess.....But it's a shame when something rare is used as an experiment.

Old 08-24-2004, 10:31 PM
Trailblazer
Default Isn't it sad....

at the track on sunday my trike was down and some kid came up to and asked if it was for sale, I said no, he said wanted to get a rolling chassis to put a 500 motor in, I asked him , if he was on drugs, I said you just want any trike, then i asked himif he knew how to ride one, "no, but they are fast" . He asked me if I knew someone selling a roller, I said no, even though I have a 86 roller I'd part with, what ever this guy does will end up being another story similar to yours, knowing him he'd find a 100% original and mint 85 or 86 atc 250r and totally kill it. killing perfectly good trikes with motors that weren't meant to fit, and in general butching them up are just as sad. Now these idiots, they'll probably get the motor in and poweband into a big tree, bending the forks, frame and killing what little good was left of the trike.