ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

More Identification Help.....:(

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2004, 09:40 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More Identification Help.....:(

Hey, i'm a newbie to the site so here goes..... I recently picked up a 3 wheeler from an old farm. It's black and on the body has the words:
"Manco - Quester 308" and it's powered by a Kawasaki Displacement 296cc (Max. Output 7.5ps). It didn't have a model name or number on the frame but did have a serial number. Serial #: 3392 If anyone can help guide me to any info on this 3 wheeler i'd be very happy. It does run just need some odds-n's (spare parts) Thanks for your time.....
JP

Old 11-23-2004, 03:28 AM
The Facility

I haven't seen one of them in probably 15 years or more, but I remember them none the less.

They were sold by Western Auto and maybe even more retailers back in the early 1980s.

Manco is the manufacturer and was still making go-carts up till a few years ago. I'm not sure if they are still around or not.
The Kawasaki engine used in them is a power equipment engine used on all types of things, so engine parts shouldn't be that hard to find. John Deere lawn tractors use Kawasaki and Kohler engines,..so you might want to start there.

As for anything else, you will have to do some digging for someone who carrys Manco parts. Being a model from long ago, i wouldn't get my hopes up on finding much if anything at all.

Good luck.

Old 11-23-2004, 08:46 AM
Weekend Warrior

Yeah i'm finding out that finding parts is going to be tough.... The engine is fine and runs well so it's not a prob. I just don't have no stinkin breaks and there's sprocket thats rather worn. (it applies pressure to the chain). Other than than that's all I really need. Anyone have any insight on patching gas tanks????

Old 11-24-2004, 02:52 AM
The Facility

As for the fuel tank, any reputable motorcycle dealership should have a product called KREEM on the shelf. Get the kit which contains the acid, neautralizer/cleaner, and liner. It should run anywhere from $23.00 to $28.00 depending on the dealer. Depending on how well the liner "takes", it should last from 2 to 4 years tops.

As for the tensioner sprocket, I don't recall how that one was mounted, but if push comes to shove, one should be easy to make. Just jot down the chain size and go from there.