ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

Why are 3-Wheelers Taboo?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 01:23 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why are 3-Wheelers Taboo?

Yeah - you're right.

Leave the three-wheelers to those of us who know how to ride.

The first thing you learn on a trike is how to stay out of those ruts.

It takes a real 'rider' to go thru technical sections on a trike.

My R' has 10" + of travel... I wouldn't say that is non-existent....

Read the quote and decide for yourself if it was 3-wheelers who were @ fault.

"In 1984, skyrocketing ATV sales led to an increase in accidents, prompting an investigation by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC). In 1986, CPSC statistics suggested that most ATV accidents were due to improper rider behavior that ignored the distributor's warnings. No inherent flaw was found in the three-wheel or four-wheel ATV design."

Old 02-23-2005, 05:00 PM
Pro Rider

i dont think its bikes fault it the riders. they push their limits of what they can ride. freaking losers look what happned to the 3 wheelers for improper riding.

oh and there is game on Gamecube called ATV Offroad Fury 2 i think and Has an ATC 3 wheeler its like fastest and best bike in the game. you should check it out its proably a 250R with 350x headlights. Bikes Name is "ATC"

Old 02-23-2005, 06:11 PM
Pro Rider

how do you unlock that?

Old 02-23-2005, 07:16 PM
Pro Rider

there are proably cheatcodes if you dont want to race and win bikes, but to unlock it you need to win several races, and the other option is cheats.

Old 02-23-2005, 07:59 PM
Range Rover

Ya that games fun and the cheat code to unlock all the bikes is GENERALLEE u enter it in as the name of the person at the begining. And i would be pissed if i got my *** kicked by a 20 year old heap after putting a couple grand into a quad. But i will always ride my three wheeler so i will never be pissed. lol. alex

Old 02-24-2005, 04:15 AM
Pro Rider

It seems to me that there is a discrepency between "law and order".

As with any Off-Road Vehicle, you must obey the rules of said OHV. If you don't, you may get hurt. And I wholeheartedly agree that injuries are "almost always" in fault of the rider (with the exception of occassional vehicle error), which has been recorded throughout history that there will always be a vehicle that has the potential to fail at any given point.
In other words, there aren't any perfect vehicles - and there aren't any perfect riders. And in an imperfect world, there will ultimately be injuries, and unfortunately, tragedies. But for the most part, the result is FUN!!!

James

Old 02-24-2005, 12:36 PM
Range Rover

It's the tree huggers man!

Old 02-28-2005, 04:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

Xcelent topic.

My 2 cents, I've been riding my 200m for 3 years now, (BTW first trike I've ever owned/ridden) I ride with 2 wheelers, and 4 wheelers, and from what I've experienced, the rider is 90% the reason why accedents happen...

IF YOUR A NOVICE RIDER, THEN DON'T THINK YOU CAN JUMP THAT, OR TURN THERE FAST, OR PULL CAT WALKS, OR ANY OTHER STUNTS TILL YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT THE BIKE CAN, AND CAN'T DO!!

Sry, had to get that outta my system.

If there was a DRIVING COARSE for ATV/ATC's then we probably wouldnt be talking about this, EH?

Old 02-28-2005, 04:58 PM
Pro Rider

Thats what I mean.....its too easy for an inexperienced or low skilled rider to get hurt on at trike...let alone with the extra hazardous situations that happen riding in those ruts in "pay to ride" private areas.....they don't want the liability and thats why so many of them do not allow them. I'm sure their insurance companies schooled them well on what is covered for the rates they pay for such a commercial operation

Old 12-06-2008, 05:10 AM
Trailblazer

yeah seems like everyone on 4x4's and quads are pissed at me cause im goin through stuff that they only dream of goin through.... and its kinda pathetic have a full sized truck getting pulled out of the mudd by a lil honda atc 110 XD.... i love being the only guy out there with a 3 wheeler... i say bring the trikes back!

okay thats my two cents

Quick Reply: Why are 3-Wheelers Taboo?