ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

Off Topic......Need prayers......

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005 | 11:37 AM
Pro Rider
Default Off Topic......Need prayers......

BTW, what is RSV? I have never heard of it before.

Old 04-27-2005 | 03:42 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Here is a paste from the net that describes RSV:

Signs and Symptoms:
Respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) is a major cause of respiratory illness in young children. RSV infection produces a variety of signs and symptoms involving different areas of the respiratory tract, from the nose to the lungs.
In adults and children older than 3 years, RSV usually causes symptoms of a simple upper respiratory tract illness or common cold</A>. These symptoms include a stuffy or runny nose, sore throat, mild headache, mild cough</A>, low-grade fever, and a general feeling of being ill.
In children younger than age 3, RSV can cause a lower respiratory tract illness like bronchiolitis</A> or pneumonia</A> and in more severe cases can lead to respiratory failure. Symptoms may include high fever, severe cough, wheezing, abnormally rapid breathing, difficulty breathing, and a bluish color of the lips or fingernails caused by lowered levels of oxygen in the blood. In infants with severe RSV infection, there may be abnormal retractions of the muscles between the ribs, as the child struggles to draw breath into infected breathing passages. Children who were born prematurely, or who have preexisting lung, heart, or immune problems are at greatest risk to have serious complications from RSV infection.
Description:
RSV is a virus that causes infection of the lungs and breathing passages. It can infect the same person several times during a lifetime, causing more severe illnesses (like pneumonia) in infancy, but only a common cold in adulthood. After each RSV infection, the body forms some immunity to the virus, but that immunity is never complete. Re-infections occur, but they usually are less severe than earlier RSV attacks. RSV passes from person to person through infected nasal and oral fluids. It can enter the body when eyes or nose are touched.
RSV infections occur all over the world, most often in epidemics that can last up to 5 months, from late fall through early spring. Since 1990, epidemics have typically begun sometime between late October and mid-December, and peaked during January and February. Each year, RSV infections lead to more than 125,000 hospitalizations and about 2,500 deaths.
The highest rates of RSV illness occur in infants 2 to 6 months old, with a peak at age 2 to 3 months. RSV infection is often carried home by a school-age child and passed onto a younger one, especially an infant. When RSV infects a day-care center, it is not unusual to see 100% of the children come down with an RSV infection. RSV commonly spreads through hospitals, too, infecting both patients and staff.

Sorry to hear about this bro....how is the little guy doing? I would be pretty ticked about the doctor not getting him in the hospital immediately.
Gary

Old 04-27-2005 | 06:50 PM
Range Rover

Hey man im so sorry to hear about your son. Glad to here he is doing better. He will be in me and my familys prayers for sure.

Old 04-27-2005 | 07:39 PM
Pro Rider

any updates?

Old 04-27-2005 | 07:54 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry to hear that.

Prayers for you and yours.

Old 04-27-2005 | 08:07 PM
Royalty Rider

Congrats on your new baby boy, I wish for a speedy and healthy recovery for your son. My youngest brother almost died of pnemonia because a stupid doctor misdiagnosed him, he was home ill for a week before my mother found him blue. My family was pissed...but my brother ended up being okay and that is all that mattered to my family. Again, I wish your family the best...

Queen

Old 04-27-2005 | 08:52 PM
TPR
The Champ

I am sorry to hear about your son, I'm not known for being serious and all, but I gladly drop all the shtick to send out a prayer for your family and the little guy. He sounds like a fighter and I feel a good result is in the air.
We are working on our first and can't imagine what you are going through, so I won't pretend to try.

The Phantom....will pray till good news reaches the forums....

Old 04-28-2005 | 03:59 AM
Pro Rider

just hang in there ive been there myself with my little girl.just keep your faith up and the big man will take care of the rest.GOD BLESS

Old 04-28-2005 | 06:07 AM
Weekend Warrior

We're praying for you.

One Night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the Lord. Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene, he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand; one belonged to him and the other to the Lord.

When the last scene of his life flashed before him, he looked back at the footprints in the sand. He noticed that many times along the path of his life there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in his life.

This really bothered him and he questioned the Lord about it. "Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you you'd walk with me all the way, but I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life, there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why when I needed you most you would leave me."

The Lord replied, "My precious, precious child, I love you and would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

Be strong in your faith, and God will carry you!!!

Old 04-28-2005 | 03:41 PM
Trailblazer

You will continue to be in our thoughts and prayers until we hear that your son is doing well.