ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

1983 honda 200e big red

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 02:58 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1983 honda 200e big red

i got it.

Old 12-29-2006, 03:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mitch i sent you a pm , i'll try to answer on the forums , it could be your battery,a bad connection like a bad ground starter brushes or the starter itself ! You'll need to check all the battery connection's all the way to the starter for short's ! This repair manual cover's serveral brand's of atv's so it doesn't goe into much detail on the atv's mostly just general information ! .............williebee

Old 12-29-2006, 03:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

my battery broke so i jus been tryin to use booster cables and a car battery

Old 12-29-2006, 03:23 PM
Pro Rider

It will need a good battery , but it could the starter gone bad ; but first you'll need to check all the battery connection's and fuse's ! Trace the calbes from the battery to the starter, then from the starter to the switch , like i said this manual doesn't go in detail on these atv's because it cover Honda,Kawasaki,Polaris,Suzuki and Yamaha ; and not all model's of these ! You really need a shop manual that cover your model atv , to really get everything you need to trouble shoot your model ; but in step's i've given here is a good start checking your problem with the starter ! ............williebee

Old 12-29-2006, 03:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

okthank you williebe if i have any problems ill let you know.

Old 01-09-2008, 04:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

The shift pattern should be all down to upshift and up to downshift. I know it is weird, but honda did it, not me. HAHA.

Old 01-10-2008, 03:38 PM
Pro Rider

Guys i use to do the engine tuniing on my brother's atc's , he had two that he rode with me when i got my 86' Honda TRX350 Foreman 4x4 !

And both his atc's had the old points and condenser and generating coil behind the flywheel , but your model's should have the electronic ignition system with the CDI a pickup coil and a rectifier and a igniter !

Man i didn't realize how old this thread was , and thebigredmachine i don't have any leg's below the knee's is one reason i didn't have the shift pattern ; and this small cheap repair manual that i have doesn't go into any real detail on most of the atc's and atv's it cover's !

I've been a Bilateral Amputtee since 1975 when i lost both leg's just below the knees when a car struck a friend's car that had ran out of gas , we were pushing it backward's trying to get it out of the road we had it within 10 yard's from this path that was next to a small farm pond on the property our friend was renting !

I was on the passenger side of the hood of this one owner Claccic 1958 Chevy Impala 2 door Hardtop with only 1800 miles on it that belonged to his Dad , my little brother was pushing on the driver side of the hood and our friend was at the drider side door pushing and steering the car ; and we had just pushed it to the other side of the road !

My friend said there's one more car coming , and as soon as it goes around us we'll be home free ; it had been a bitter cold day with the high's only in the teen's !

And by this time it was down to 8 degree's i was out of breath and resting again't the hood of the car trying to catch my breath , when our friend yelled get out of the road ; the car isn't going to ; i just had just enough time to jump upright from the hood when the car hit catching me between thw bumper's !

Those word's my friend yelled the car isn't going to , and everything went black for me ; i came to just moment's after the crash lying in the middle of the road i could only see my hand infront of my face i knew what happened i just didn't know how bad i was hurt !

I kept trying to get up so i could get out of the road , but i couldn't stand up ; and my friend had torn up some sheet's to tie turnaquets around what was left of my leg's ( but i didn't know my leg's were gone ) All i knew was that i was laying in the middle of the road and i wanted to get out of the road before another car came along and ran over me again !

I tried to get up serveral time's and my friend kept telling me not to move that you're hurt bad willie , i told him i think my leg is broke because i couldn't get on my feet ; and it hurt like nothing i had ever felt before in my life !

My friend wouldn't tell me that my leg's were gone , just that i was hurt real bad and not to move or try to stand up ; i told him to at least help get out of the road before another car come's along and hit's me again !

So to keep me still he drug me out of the road , then i stopped trying to get up ; but i had no idea just how really badly injured i was !

I knew before the crash the sun was just going down and now it was so dark i couldn't even see my friend unless he got right in my face !

It was still light outside but i didn't know it was , i thought it was already dark ; my friend was a confirmed Athist and didn't believe in GOD ; that was one of the thing's we would argue about since i had known him over 6 year's before this happened !

I knew when i heard my friend say to me "willie" i don't know if there is a GOD , but let's Pray and there it was that i knew then i was close to death at 21 yrs old with just over a month and a half from my 22nd birthday ; my friend didn't know how to Pray i had to say the Lord's Prayer on the side of this road in 8 degee temperture lying there bleeding to death !

It was a good thing he had those bed sheet's and blanket's in the car , he was going back and forth from the farm where we were at ; he was seperated from his wife for a little over a month and he was still trying to patch up his marrieage they has a 1 and a half year old daugther together and he was deperately trying to pull his family back together !

I was in and out from right after the crash untill my younger brother ran as fast as he could to the nearest telephone to call for help , the young woman that hit me was driving her Daddy's car ; and had barrowed it to go the nearest store where she could call her husband to see if he had their car fixed yet !

She had her 8 month old baby in the front seat between her and her 8 year old sister , and she was coming back from the store mad because her husband and one of his friend's stayed in their house all day drinking beer and watching football games ; the baby wasnt in a child saftey Restraint seat and they all 3 weren't wearing seat belt's !

I found out later when the woman tried to come and see me in the Hospital , that the baby had gotten into the floorboard of the car next to her feet when she took her eye's from the road for a few second's trying to get the baby away from her feet ; the 8 year old sister saw us first and yelled at her sister to stop the car !

But by the time she looked up at the road again , it was to late all she had time to do was try to swerve around us to keep it from being a head on collision ; which would've gotten us all killed !

The crash shreaded my leg's just below the knee's and broke both of my femure's ( Double Compound Fracture's where the bone's stick through the skin ) , if i hadn't jumped upright from the hood when the car hit it would've ground up everthing but my lower torso ; But i lived to tell this story to you guy's !

I sorry if i make anyone feel bad for me i'm doing great , even though all the Doctors that were called in to the local Hospital to prepare for surgery ; we had the best Surgen in the country at that time he was of German Desent and had more Medical Degree's than all the other Doctor's in our town !

Anything from your head to your toe's and all the private part's inside the human body on the Male and Female's anadtomy , but it was Prayer that saved my life ; there were just to many coinsident's that GOD had in place to have been otherwise !

Like how cold it was , how fast my brother ran for a phone ( over 2 mile's to the nearest phone ) , to my friend having taken a First Aid course at a job he had just started , the county i was in at the time of the crash had just formed a Rescue Squad with trained Parameditc's , and over 20 miles of highway had just opened the day before cutting out the extra 20 before this 4 lane highway with over head bridge's that crossed all the Rail Road track's between where i was and the Hospital had just opened the day before ; and my friend who was an Atheist untill this happened !

And last but in no way the least the Preather of the Church we attended had blessed me and all my younger brother's when we were infant's , my Mom had taken all her children to this man of GOD where he prayed a special Prayer over each of us ; she told me year's later that she remembered that Brother Hamby had seen a vision when he Prayed for each of her children !

She said she didn't recall what he had Prayed over my younger brother's , but she remembered he ask GOD to protect me from being killed in a car wreak ; Mom said i was the only one of her son's that he ask GOD to save me from an Automobile accident !

Sorry Guy's i didn't mean to make anyone feel bad , i was just going to say that the first time i tried to ride one of my brothers 3 wheelers i didn't have any leg's to shift the gears with ; that's why i wasn't sure of the shift pattern and those 2 three wheeler's like to have scared me to death when i tried to ride them !

And one other thing , if anything in this reply offends anyone on this thread or on the forums ; just let me know and i will remove it from the thread !

OH and if any of you guys need any more info on your machines i'm still here , and i would be happy to help if i can !................

Old 01-01-2009, 06:02 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 1983 honda 200e big red"></title><script src=

No offense here williebee, you sound like a lucky fella. I am new to the forum and have taken on a 1983 200Es BigRed for a project so I am just looking around at the moment. It sure looks like there are alot of these ATV's out East which makes it tough finding local parts,lol.

Kilroy

Old 01-04-2009, 08:07 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 1983 honda 200e big red"></title><script src=

the shift pattern is 5 down

Old 02-25-2009, 12:07 AM
Trailblazer

the dude with no electric start why don't you just pull start it thats what i did!!

Quick Reply: 1983 honda 200e big red