ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

wheeler question

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005 | 01:41 AM
|
Trailblazer
Default wheeler question

there still are three wheeler made in china but we cant buy them here. What would happen if we could buy the three wheelers but they come with a 4 wheeler retro kit. So your not buying a 3 wheeler your buying a 4 wheeler but with a retro kit to a 3 wheeler I miss my 25r and I think a 300cc 3 wheeler would be awesome again. I spoke with my reps in china and they are all excited about this,

Old 10-05-2005 | 03:40 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default wheeler question

Why not just sell a dang 3 wheeler and get it over with.....LOL...they are not illegal to sell..........just the fact that there are only a small handfull of people that would by a 3-wheeler these days, and NOBODY would buy a cheap China poor excuse for one! and what type of contacts are you speaking of?

Old 10-05-2005 | 04:17 AM
|
Trailblazer
Default wheeler question

I was talking to factory reps from China direct. Supposedly there is a ban in the USA on the sale of three wheelers, although three wheeled motorcycles are allowed in the USA. so would that mean if the atv were EEC thenwe would would be able to get them. I personally dont know but it was just a thought. It may cost like $200 for the kit but just to be able to have a three wheeler again with a newer engine would be awesome. I wouldnt say they are cheap. What if you could buy a quad with a suzuki engine just doesnt have the logo on the take but logo is on the case would you call that cheap.

Old 10-05-2005 | 04:29 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default wheeler question

I work on this stuff all the time.......the china stuff is CHEAP!.....ok now I will give them credit on the price VS what you get.....yea they are a good deal......BUT you could NEVER compair them in ANY WAY to the true Honda 3-wheelers.........The China stuff PLAIN doesnt last as long, hands down, no argument........I have been turning wrenches longer than most people on this forum have been alive (LOL) and have seen a ton of stuff.............

3-wheeler ATV's are NOT BANNED FROM SALES IN THE USA!!!!!!!!!!

I am not against a China quad bike, or trike in any way.........but they will fall on there @$$ if they try to sell 3 wheelers these days! It will not happen...EVERY person on this ATC forum is in a way considered a "rebel" because we have the guts to own one ; in the normal public eye.

Old 10-05-2005 | 04:42 AM
|
Trailblazer
Default wheeler question

I thought they were banned. I will pass this info along to the factory guys. there si some new stuff coming out that will rival the named brand 4 wheelers. A major town in china where honda has a factory has been shut down due to a band on motorcycles there which meens roughly 300,000 workers will not have a job. I will find the article

Old 10-05-2005 | 04:44 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default wheeler question

Originally posted by: Viper4579
I thought they were banned. I will pass this info along to the factory guys. there si some new stuff coming out that will rival the named brand 4 wheelers. A major town in china where honda has a factory has been shut down due to a band on motorcycles there which meens roughly 300,000 workers will not have a job. I will find the article
BUT good luck finding a insurance company to back the sale of the trikes in the USA...LOL...there is always a catch!!!!!

Old 10-05-2005 | 04:48 AM
Pro Rider
Default wheeler question

Let me start by saying, it is not illegal to buy, sell or even manufacture 3 wheelers in the US. The manufacturing part was only for 10 years, that is long over. If the big makers thought it would be marketable, they would have already started introducing new 3-wheelers into the market. There wouldn't be much oh a demand for them anymore. Who wants a 4 stroke ATC? Not me, dont get me wrong the 350x and 200x are great bikes, but with all the quads now not many people would by them. That is why us dinosaurs still buy old ones fix them and ride the hell out of them. When they break we buy another for parts. As for China stuff they seem to be great dispossible toys, but that is all the are. There is no longevity in them. There si a reason the knockoffs are so cheap. You get what you pay for. I will most likely buy a Yamoto for my son, but he will out go it in 2 years then it will be trash gaurenteed.
Just my 2cents

Old 10-05-2005 | 08:23 AM
|
Trailblazer
Default wheeler question

Your yamoto is nothing more than a kazuma or a redcat. If you have the money to buy your own stock from china and put a sticker on it then thats the brand. Same as rakatak. Did you ever notice that most chinese bikes look alike. That is because most fastors are just assembly plants and they buy from the same engine for frame. I think the three wheelers could make a comeback.

Old 10-05-2005 | 11:04 AM
Pro Rider
Default wheeler question

Hey don't get me wrong Viper4579. I would love for 3 wheelers to make a come back. Obviously, I own one and love to ride it. There just isn't a big enough market here in the States for them, quads have taken over. If there was a market for them, don't you think Honda would have brought them back in 1997 when the 10 year moritorium was up. They pay people alot of money to research that stuff. 3-wheelers are only for us Dinosaurs and those into things from yesteryear. Saying 3-wheelers could make a comeback is like saying commercial airlines are going to start using prop engines over jets, sorry aint going to happen. As far as China knockoffs are concerned I know they are all basically the same bike, Yamoto, Redcat, Kazuma whatever they call them. It's like I said they are dispossible bikes. They will not last 20+ years like the Hondas,Yamahas, Suzukis and Kawis. I think they are great though, they give people who might not be able to afford a Honda or Yamaha a chance of getting into the sport,because of the low prices and try it out and fall in love like the rest of us lifers. Long live the 3-Wheeler! Mine is 21 years old now, maybe I will take it out to get a drink for it's 21rst birthday. Don't be haten! Don't take my comments personally they are my opinion and observations from 25 years of being in the sport off and on. Have a good one!

Old 10-07-2005 | 04:10 PM
Range Rover
Default wheeler question

Dont kill me for saying this but what is the ratio of injuries/death compared to the quads when they came out?? People give me crap over my wheeler all the time and tell me how dangerous it is - i always tell them they just dont know how to ride - tell me i am nuts - cant argue that point [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] anyway think about the 16 year old punk that buys a crotch rocket and lays it out - are they going to ban them too. I would LOVE to go and pick up a NEW 2005 Honda ATC350X - that would be a dream come true!!!

Quick Reply: wheeler question