ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

Wideband???

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 09:03 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wideband???

Well, I ve got 2 wideband systems that I use to tune my cars - yes I am serious and yes, I am a grown-up (kind of)
Has anyone used a 5 wire on a 2 stroke?

I have a Zeitronix 6 channel datalogger with EGT and a Uego with a real high speed LSU4.

I realize I can just use EGT and not have to worry about sensor life, but EGT is more geared toward timing/fuel and the wideband will give better results with fuel only. I am not touching the timing curve.
I have got my PWK tuned very well by ear, but I am spoiled by modern stuff, and I can't help thinking that I am leaving a few ponies on the table (inevitable). I will be able to get a perfect, flat 12:1 AFR across the entire powerband - no more guessing.
I have a 625 HP 4 cylinder car with A VERY GOOD TORQUE CURVE - that is a direct result of these gadgets

The first problem is that I need a good 12 volt for both - I suppose I could use a Braille or an Odyssey battery - any suggestions for tiny 12 volt?

Also - both systems are able to datalog to a laptop, or PDA, but I believe that using a carb, this is not the best way, because I need to watch the load points that are carb specific (1/4, 1/4-3/4 and wot). The easiest way to do this is to just use the dig. display on the Uego and watch while I am riding at he various throttle positions. Any inputs on carb-specific throttle positions are welcome.

I am going to weld in the bung on my DG pipe and see how it goes. I am using Amsoil 100:1 so I think I may even get more than 5 minutes of sensor life!LOL.
I'll report on sensor life using synthetic levels of oil in the fuel.

Old 12-16-2005, 10:49 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wideband???

i have a PLX Devices M300 wbo2 controller that uses the bosch LSU4 5wire o2 sensor.. i use it to tune my dohc vtec honda's..

i think the main issues is the oil content in the fuel will gum up the sensor. i think if you were to use a synthetic 2stroke oil that you could run some lean fuel oil ratios, you'd have better results..
i'll post later.. gotta get to work.