ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

new seat cover

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 04:21 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new seat cover

My lovely bride got me a new seat cover for the 350X and it doesnt quite fit right, anyone ever replace one before?? It says to pull the old cover off and i kinda dont want to, new cover has a kinda grab feel to it and as much sliding from side to side as you do on 3 wheeler i would like to have the original smoother one still on the foam incase i dont like the feel of the new one. You think the foam would spring back to take up as much as a inch of slack for the new one?? i licked up some foam from the shop jere - dense black rubber - but couldnt get it to fit right either - wife is gonna try something that she knows from her seamstress days - hope it works!!! i shoulda sent the damn thing in and had them do it but it wasnt as hands on as i like to be. so any tips or tricks??

Old 06-14-2006, 08:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default new seat cover

I replaced the cover on my kids quad. Yes you need to remove the old cover. You can always put it back on if you don't like the new one. With the new one let it sit in the sun and get nice and warm so it will be more pliable and strech easier, then just work it on and staple it in place from underneath, I used 1/4 staples they worked great. The plastic base was thick enough so they didn't go through. When it is on the there it will conform to the foam pad. At least that is how I did it and it worked great. Good luck.

Old 06-15-2006, 12:22 AM
Pro Rider
Default new seat cover

Well I never covered an atv seat but I did cover a dirtbike. I bout one off of ebay for 25 bucks and tried to fit it on and MAN IT SUCKED!!! it seemed like the end of the cover was too short and i tired to put a space heater on it and it still did not work. Well to the point, my mom covered my atv seat a while ago and got a material CLOSE to what orignal was and she put that on havent had a problems sence. I used the left over from that to cover my dirtbike seat and man it looks GREAT!!! all i did was just started at the top and started stapling it down. I had alot of exece that I cut off at the end but I used the space heater to heat up the material and man it looks better then stock. So basicly I wasted 25 bucks!!! HOPE THIS HELPS GOOD LUCK!!!

Old 06-15-2006, 09:45 AM
Range Rover
Default new seat cover

the seat cover is to big, guess i should of told ya that, thinking of having Mrs. Splat put it on her sowing maching and be done with it. guess i had a brain cramp and didnt think about putting the original back on - thanks for the tips!!!! when i get her done i will have to post some pics of the heard. Thanks again!!

Old 06-18-2006, 04:32 AM
Trailblazer
Default new seat cover

hi -
it sounds like you have a gripper seat cover (they suck!!!! if you like sliding around)
like( moving your body position) i have one on my dirt bike and hate it!!
what i mean is it grabs your pants and kinda hurts your legs and *****-(sorry)
yea your sopposed to strech the cover ,but dont make it too tight it will compact your cusion
i took the old one off but nothin says you have to,just watch your staples