ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

never seen before

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006 | 07:38 AM
|
Trailblazer
Default never seen before

i aquired a honda 185sand it got some kind of bolt on fork extensionson it. im not sure if they are an aftermarket product or if they came off another bike.if anyone knows anything about this leave a post.ive never seen anything like this before.it makes the front weel sit forward about 2 inches.

Old 09-14-2006 | 01:24 PM
Range Rover

The previous owner may have made it custom. I never heard of fork extenders, but what do I know?

Old 09-14-2006 | 05:55 PM
Range Rover

yeah, there were aftermarket extenders back in the 80s, moved the wheel forwards a bit and gave you a little mere room between fender and tire ---really useless on the non suspended 185 though caused em to hop a bit and changed the geometry to where they didn't turn as well they have some interest from people whom collect the weird and wonderful.

Old 09-17-2006 | 03:49 PM
The Facility

Must be a regional thing....because I have seen very, very few of the rigid fork models that DIDNT have the fork extenders added. LOL

A company in Northern Louisiana made them for the local dealers around here back then. They also made a rear extender kit as well. It mounted between the axle carrier and the 4 stock axle carrier mounts. Raised it up about 2" and rearward 2". It came with a longer foot brake cable and a piece of chain, but you had to toss the chain guard and you also had to do without the rear hand brake. When both the front and rear kits were used on the big tire 200 models, they sat higher and looked meaner than the 250 BigRed ever did.

By the way, they also made similar lifts and extensions for the 110!!!!