ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

throttle cable

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 08:33 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default throttle cable

Just bought a new throttle cable for my 85 Honda 200x. The cable was a couple of inches shorter then the original one(hopefully that doesn't affect it). I'm having problems getting it to get on. I went ahead and hooked up the side for that goes into the carburetor first. Then when trying to get it to go into the actual twist throttle its a no go. Went ahead and tried to loosen it by messing with the adjuster and the lock nut, but nothing. I had it on the twist throttle at one point, but then the damn thing wouldn't twist. Is there any tricks on getting this bad boy on. If so, please let me know. Thank you.

Old 09-19-2006, 08:48 PM
Pro Rider
Default throttle cable

Try rerouting it through the frame to give it more slack. Most likely it is too short because it is for a thumb throttle and not a twist. Good luck.

Old 09-19-2006, 09:27 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default throttle cable

Well that sucks. I know I asked if it would work for the twist throttle. I went ahead and purchased a whole new twist throttle conversion kit. The twist throttle I have now has seen its better days. Going to hold on to the throttle cable and later down the road buy a thumb throttle. That way I can switch it up every now and then. Thanks JkAss for the quick response. Wondering why it wouldn't work. I'll give an update.

Old 09-19-2006, 10:12 PM
Pro Rider
Default throttle cable

Did you just buy the twist throttle with no cable??? I would suggest turning the twist trottle upside down. So that instead of the cable going into the top it would go into the bottom under the handlebars. If it does not affect anything... Just a thought.

Old 09-19-2006, 10:54 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default throttle cable

No, I only purchased the cable. I already had the twist throttle, just had a bad cable. I tried getting all the slack I could get and it wouldn't budge. That is why I'm just buying a twist throttle conversion kit with new cable and will hold on to that one(when I get thumb throttle). Thanks for all the responses. Will keep you all updated. Thanks again!

Old 09-27-2006, 01:07 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default throttle cable

Went ahead and hooked everything up. Tried to start, but nothing. Tomorrow I will try to jump start it and see what it does. If it runs that way, but not the other way. What could be the problems? I cleaned the carb out with the spray. As you know I have an 85 Honda 200x. I was looking at ebay for a carburetor(always good to have a spare). Don't know if it would work for my year. It says 80-83, but the guy seems as if he is questioning those years himself. I thought that the 83 year was linked to the 84's and 85's also. Here goes the link for the carb' http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks