ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

missing thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 10:33 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default missing thread

ok - now i can see where some things could be taken the wrong way and people could get mad or offended at some stuff but what the heck gives??? one day you respond to a thread - create a thread - read a thread or whatever and you come back and it is gone - vaporized. if the thread has been up for a while and then gone what the heck??? why cant the offending reply be deleted instead of the whole thread?? that is part of the reason people drop out of here and dont come back - things get pretty aggressive in the spin zone and other threads but they are still there - we had one that said this sucks cause we dont get a lot of action in the trike area and now it is gone - what gives moderators??? from what i read there was nothing deragatory to any members, the site or the like - just that the trike area posts have really fell off and we where trying to get some activity and wake everyone up. but with no explanation - no post deletion - just the whole thread gone - pretty irritating if you ask me. of course there is this question - will anyone get to see this or will it be gone before anyone knew it was here??? some of them i can see if the rules where violated - like i accidentally did with the one asking about price - completely understandable but the rest????????????

Old 05-08-2007, 10:45 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts
Default missing thread

Depends on what may have been posted. Possible links that weren't allowed, argument gets too heated. Possibly the thread was reported as being offensive to the mods. Possibilities abound.

The mods really don't have time to babysit a few people in a thread. That's why they have the "easy button"

Things do get heated sometimes in the spin zone. But, we also can accept other difference of opinions, make remarks about them, and still have respect for each other. Not always like that in some other threads.

Old 05-09-2007, 11:26 AM
Range Rover
Default missing thread

Trust me when i say that things do not get wild in here like the SpinZone - I used to try and keep up with that thread - and know that there was nothing worse in the trike zone than in that thread. just gets frustrating - know mods are busy - this isnt the only forum i belong to and is not the most active wither but is one of the only ones that asks for cash to have full access and the only one that has 90 different adds thrown at you every page you look at - so would have to imagine that this is a well funded forum - if they took the time to read the post then why not kill the post instead of the thread - just a difference of opinion.

Old 05-09-2007, 11:36 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
Default missing thread

I can understand your point of view. The only thing you don't get access to here by being a supoorting member is the Garage sale & swap shop section.

Sometimes the mods will come back and just remove a group of posts, sometimes the whole thing. Guess it just depends on the thread and the mood of the mods.

Old 05-09-2007, 12:14 PM
RIP Dear Friend
Default missing thread

I tried to summarize what was in the deleted message yesterday but I guessed you missed that post because it was deleted also[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Originally posted by: Splat
Trust me when i say that things do not get wild in here like the SpinZone - I used to try and keep up with that thread - and know that there was nothing worse in the trike zone than in that thread.
Trust me it was much worse than anything posted in the spinzone except for when zone members refer to that peanut butter site.
(hidesfaceinshamethatItookapeeksmiley)

1. I removed the thread.

2. There was an uncalled for post in my opinion.

3. I could have just removed the post but it had to be seen to be believed.

4. If something like this happens again in the future and I see it, I will remove that thread in the same way and forward the information to the concerned
party and then they can decide if the thread needs to be moved back.

5. If someone doesn't understand after that I use the ultimate backup weapon which is on the FAQ page code: 1.3

Old 05-09-2007, 01:23 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
Default missing thread

The mods are being moderated? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

It's true, choosey mothers do choose Jif. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 05-15-2007, 01:04 PM
Range Rover
Default missing thread

Raptoryfn660r - not to keep kicking the land mine but it was something i said or something another member said. if it was me i appologize and do not recall saying something offensive. if it is another member that posted then i see said the blind man. just one of them things where some people think it is fun to bring posts down in flame wars and it ends up harming the site - to bad actually. i know things start in fun for the most part but someone had a bad day and kicking the dog isnt enough so tehy wanna come and start internet fights - i would tell them to get a hobby but if they come here i would think that they have one. guess i missed the fun and naughty post - oh well.

Whilest i have your attention too - nice new look - this seems pretty cool - will have to hang out and see what other up and coming changes are up and coming - lol.

Old 05-16-2007, 10:15 AM
Range Rover
Default missing thread

Old 05-16-2007, 10:18 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
Default missing thread

Did you send a mod report on the other thread? They can't see every thread posted, especially now with the changes keeping them busy.

If you think it's questionable, just hit the "Report this to a Moderator" link under your avatar.

It really does help them clear up the threads.

Old 05-18-2007, 01:58 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default missing thread

Splat:.......I am the reason "This Sucks" got booted.........I voiced my personal opinion about the owner and site.......Sorry I killed your thread!!!!!!!! As you can see; I'm not a Mod anymore [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: missing thread