ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

my 1st ATC

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 12:02 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my 1st ATC

i am 16 years old and am about ot get my 1st ATC, i like the 250sx's and was wondering how they handle on the trails and jumps and also if they are easy to find parts for.

Old 10-10-2007, 10:38 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default my 1st ATC

Parts aren't too terribly hard to find, just expensive.

Please be careful, this machine may be more than you can safely cope with. As for handling, it's a three-wheeler after all, so it's a bit handicapped. While its suspension is good, it doesn't have quite enough travel to do any significant jumping (depends on your definition of "jumping").

Bottom line: It's a lot of machine for a newcomer, especially at your age. Respect it or it will hurt you.

BTY, I hope the electric start is working!

Old 11-21-2007, 04:23 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default my 1st ATC

Duck is right. Ive been riding atcs since i was a kid, but when i was a kid that was our only option lol, I wouldn't recommend an atc for a new rider, but if you do then start very slow, these things can be tricky even for an experienced rider. But if you are careful and don't try to ride above your skill level you should be ok. Just remember that helmet.

Old 11-21-2007, 06:29 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default my 1st ATC

250sx's are awsome trail machines. i took mine places some of my buddys atv couldnt make. good hill climbers to. didnt do to much jumpin on mine but it is doable.

you have to do a lot more body movment on a three wheeler than a four. dont just jump on it and whipp it around like u would a atv, it will tip very quickly. take ur time to learn how it handles.

Old 11-21-2007, 06:38 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default my 1st ATC

oh forgot- ebay usually has lots of parts for them, but they can be expensive like duckzilla said.

AND MAKE SURE U KEEP AND EYE ON AND CHANGE THE REAR AXLE FLUID OFTEN.
the seals can go bad on it and fill the rear up with water with out u knowing. the final drive system is usauly the hardest parts to get.

Old 11-28-2007, 07:49 PM
Pro Rider
Default my 1st ATC

i had an atc for a while but i couldent get the hang of it kept running over
my ankle so i sold it and got a buggy