ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

Need help with '84 110

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 07:05 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with '84 110

I got an 84 110 and need some help. The thing is in great shape, starts nice and easy, and even shifts nicely. The problem is everytime I give it gas, it wants to bog down and shut off. I can rev the engine in neutral, but as soon as I put it in gear it wants to die. I cleaned out the jets and the carb, but Im still having problems. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 01-08-2008, 09:45 AM
Weekend Warrior

A few thoughts.

How's the plug look?

Does the 110 roll freely? Could something be binding?

Are you in High or Low? And what gear? In High and in a strain it can bog down pretty easily.

Check your timing, idle speed, etc. Get the idle up to 1700 (you may have to give this your best guess) by turning the idle speed screw (front center of the carb) then turn the pilot screw in (front left) - slowly - until it starts to die - back it out one full turn then set the idle speed again with the idle speed screw. That should get you close.

The carb can have a VERY small piece of trash, nick, or bend on a fitting that will cause problems. You may have to go back in and thoroughly disassemble, clean and reassemble the carb.

Old 01-08-2008, 09:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the help man. I'll give each of the suggestions a shot and let you know what I come up with. I know when I got the 110, I installed a new float. It does not have a choke plate, but I highly doubt that would be the cause of my problems.