ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

New to me toy

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 12:27 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to me toy

Any tips to make the little 200 motor scream a bit more without breaking the bank?

Wiesco piston is a good investment and a web cam (www.webcamshafts.com) also an aftermarket exhasut like dg or cobra.

Old 09-01-2008, 06:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default New to me toy

An update to the saga of the 200x:
I took it out to the deer lease first part of august. All was well the first day, and I rode the bejesus out of the thing. The second day, the motor started smoking a bit more than it had before. Shortly thereafter, the motor locked up solid.

Took the trike home, pulled the motor out, and went and saw the guy I bought the trike from. He had a spare motor sitting in storage, and in went the newer motor. After a couple of connection headaches with hooking up the wiring for the CDI & lights, the newer motor was roaring like a champ. Clutch was shot, but the motor ran. New clutch discs were installed, along with springs & plates, and the newer motor is alive and kicking quite well. Now the kick starter is a bit slow rebounding back up into the "resting" position, but back into the manual I'll go, and figure out the dilemma.

The other motor got torn apart. I was expecting to find that it had lunched a valve or something in the top end. No such luck. Pulled the head off, valves are great, piston is still in tact. Pulled the jug off, and come to find out the wrist pin bearing and the connecting rod bearing ate themselves. Whole lower half of the motor is completely full of particulate metal shavings, bearings are shot all to hell, and the prospects for that motor are not looking good.

Old 09-02-2008, 06:03 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default New to me toy

Before blowing the first motor
Name:  mudfight.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  23.5 KB

Me and my 5 yr old nephew having a mud fight

Old 09-03-2008, 05:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New to me toy

cheapcycleparts.com

cant beat em

Old 09-03-2008, 08:49 PM
Range Rover
Default New to me toy

almost sounds like the engine wasnt getting any oil to it. i know its a 2 stroke.

Old 09-03-2008, 08:56 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default New to me toy

A 200x is a four stroke, hence why it has valves.

I think what may have happened is I dumped a bit of sea foam in the oil, and forgot to change the oil afterwards like it says on the instructions. I think that may have caused the oil to break down when it got warm, and fubared the bearings

Old 09-05-2008, 12:41 AM
Range Rover
Default New to me toy

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 4x4guygonebike

A 200x is a four stroke, hence why it has valves.

I think what may have happened is I dumped a bit of sea foam in the oil, and forgot to change the oil afterwards like it says on the instructions. I think that may have caused the oil to break down when it got warm, and fubared the bearings</end quote></div>

right. i was thinking of the 250r. but it was definintely suffering from heat tear somewhere.